Pintrest

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

I'm an idiot! Yesterday I had my son get out the chainsaw because we have these weed things that literally grow to the size of trees in one season. I cut them down as best I could, but I didn't have enough arm strength to hold the chainsaw parallel to the ground close to the base, so I asked my husband to get them after he finished mowing. He agreed and I promptly forgot about it. My husband worked on other things yesterday and never got to cut the stumps down.

 
OK, no big deal. Here's why I'm an idiot. Since he was going to be using the chainsaw again, I left it by the corner of the house near where he'd be cutting. Well, someone must have seen the brand new chainsaw sitting there near the house, walked up the 150' from the road to the corner of the house, AND TOOK THE DANG THING! I’m not looking forward to telling him when he wakes up.

 
Many believe in Karma, and for the most part I do believe that what you put out into the universe does come back to you, treat others how you’d wish to be treated, etc. The potential for bad Karma from stealing a chainsaw could get rather ugly don’t you think? I’m just sayin’…

 

Yesterday’s challenge was:

 

The Civil War never happened…

 

If the Civil War never happened, chances are slavery would have continued. If slavery had continued, I would make EVERY effort to “own” as many slaves as I could, because if I “owned” slaves, they would never be beaten or raped again. They would not be separated from their families. They would not fear being sold again. They would have clean clothes and shoes, comfortable living quarters and enough food. They would be educated, allowed to marry and to keep their traditions. My only request of them would be they not give away our secret. Just because society accepts slavery doesn’t mean I have to.

 
Sorry, lots of distractions this morning, so ten minutes went really quickly without much accomplished. Tomorrow’s challenge is wide open. I hope some of you submit, so we can see where it lead you.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

Oh, my…

 
 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment