Pintrest

Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 26 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Happy Monday Morning! I hope all the moms had a wonderful day! Mine was very nice. My youngest daughter had spent all day Saturday making me a beautiful card which was more like a book. It contained almost 50 pictures and had little notes throughout; it was simply beautiful. She also included a coupon book: a hug, cleaning the bathroom, a massage (she gives the best backrubs), clean the litter, do the dishes, was my car, etc. She told me all the coupons could only be redeemed once, except for the one for a hug.
 
My oldest daughter made me a hysterical card where she drew a picture of the two of us with the caption “LOL, Look it’s us (just without ears, hands and feet). Yes, this was drawn by an 18 year old, not an 8 year old. It’s sad but true. This is why I’m not going to art school. Try not to laugh.” Sorry Baby, I laughed my head off! She also got me a scanner so I will be able to accomplish one of my goals on my 24 month vision chart. One of my goals was to get rid of all the paperwork which clutters my house by scanning all the important docs, filing them on the computer, then shredding the originals. It will be a lot of work, but I am excited about being able to check off another one of my goals.
 
My son and my husband spent the day working on something I’ve wanted for years, a garden with raised beds. When completed, it will be an 8’ x 16’ screen enclosed, free standing structure, with 5 raised beds and a door for access. (In this part of NJ, if you plant a standard, in the ground garden, all you are doing is feeding the local wildlife.) It’s very frustrating. The largest bed will be 8’ long by 2’ wide by 16” high which will run along the back wall. I believe I will be planting raspberry and blueberry bushes there. The middle bed will be 6’x3’x16” with a mesh divider for all my climbing veggies. The remaining 3 beds will be 6’x2’x16” and will hold tomatoes, peppers, carrots, radishes, lettuce, potatoes and various herbs. Can you tell I’m excited about this gift as well??

Yesterday’s challenge was:
 
 
A world without music…

 
Since the Omnipotent Regime, OR for short, took over the world after the Great War of 2222, they have slowly outlawed all forms of self-expression; stating it is frivolous and does not serve the greater good. The first to go were sculpture, pottery and painting, followed closely by dance. If caught doing any of these activities, there was a mandatory three month work detail imposed. The only exceptions were pottery was allowed if the person was making a serviceable item such as a bowl or a water jug, but they must be made with OR issued grey clay, no colored paint or glaze was allowed. The only painting done, again in standard OR issued grey, was for exteriors of homes and businesses.

 
The latest ban, issued just this morning, has been on any form of music. I suppose it took so long for the OR to ban music because it was the hardest law to implement. Perhaps that is also why it came with the longest list of penalties for infractions; playing a musical instrument: six months work detail, singing: three months work detail, humming or tapping your fingers in public: one month work detail, etc. All of which were for first offences, a subsequent offense held a quadruple penalty. If third offence occurred, you would be banished.
 
 
Now you may think banishment would be better than living under oppression, but since the war, the area outside this walled fortress is a dangerous and frightening thing.

Ho-hum, ten minutes was not quite enough yet again…
Your Day 27 Challenge is:

 
A scent reminds you of the past…

 
You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment