Pintrest

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 14 Challenge


Hi, it’s Christina –
Happy May Day! If you don’t happen to know what May Day is, I pulled a definition from the dreaded Wikipedia for you. The earliest May Day celebrations appeared in pre-Christian times, with the festival of Flora, the Roman goddess of flowers, and the Walpurgis Night celebrations of the Germanic countries. It is also associated with the Gaelic Beltane. Many pagan celebrations were abandoned or Christianized during the process of conversion in Europe. A more secular version of May Day continues to be observed in Europe and America. In this form, May Day may be best known for its tradition of dancing the maypole dance and crowning of the Queen of the May.
 
May Day this year just happens to be the day before our mini vacation and, as usual, the nerves are setting in. One of my character flaws which drive me crazy. There is no reason to get stressed before doing something fun; my brain knows it, but my brain keeps forgetting to send the memo to my stomach! I call it stage fright, because the same feeling occurs before I have to do book signings, before I did the Authors’ Fair, heck, before I take the kids to the beach for the day, and Lord help me if I actually have to give a speech or read anything aloud. It’s irrational, illogical and very annoying. You would think, after over 40 years, I would get over it, but there it is, what I consider my biggest flaw; one which I am still determined to conquer.
 
In actuality, I am in pretty good shape this time. I’ve done the shopping, cleaned the house, finished all except one load of laundry, and earmarked which clothes we will be taking. All that’s left is to actually put the stuff in our suitcase and load the suitcase into the car. Can you see any logical explanation to be stressed? I can’t. Ugh!

 
Yesterday’s challenge was a bit different. Were you able to come up with any lyrics to help your friend? Are you a little bit country or are you a little bit rock & roll?

 
One of your best friends is a singer-songwriter, but she/he has writer’s block and has asked you to help write a song.
 

My heart is with country music and all its glory
Its singers tell their life through a story
Every song holds a unique lesson
All you have to do is listen…
Big & Rich want you to ride a cowboy
Taylor just lost another boy-toy
Zach’s proving he’s a great dad
Oops, someone just made Carrie mad
Toby’s making America proud
Jason’s got um getting loud
Rascal Flats has been changed
Poor Taylor, she’s getting more of the same
Blake wants to be her Conway Twitty
And Miranda’s songs tackle the gritty
Kelley proves she’s one of the hot chicks
Brad would be happy to check her for ticks

I heard a fast paced, like Billy Joel’s “We didn’t start the fire” type melody going through my head. I may not have played exactly fair on this one, but cause it has been rattling around in my brain for a while, but I never wrote anything down before this challenge. Perhaps this one does need to be revisited, rearranged and polished.
I am going to take a break from the challenges tomorrow, so that means you have 2 days to complete this challenge.
 
Day 16 Challenge:
 
You are wandering around your home, freely talking to yourself because you know you are alone. You ask yourself a question, but then much to your surprise, someone answers. You look around and are shocked when you see where the reply came from.

 
You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment