Pintrest

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 17 Challenge


Hi, it’s Christina –

We went to see the Jamestown Settlement and Historic Jamestown yesterday and it was… nice. I guess I was more tired from the 9 hour drive the day before than I thought, because I usually get into these historic adventures a whole lot more than I did. The weather was great for most of the day, but the wind did pick up in the afternoon and it turned down-right chilly. Today we have tickets to go see Yorktown, but at the moment it is cold and drizzling, so I haven’t even woken up my hubby yet to start the day rolling. We were going to hit Yorktown, stop for a late lunch at a Williamsburg brewery, take a walking ghost tour and have a nice dinner, but I don’t think we’ll be able to get everything in. Oh well, not going to stress over it. I know I am not looking forward to the trek home tomorrow, that’s for sure. If it was a true 9 hour drive, I wouldn’t give a fig, but when it is a 6 ½ - 7 hour drive which turns into 9+ hours because of traffic, then I start to get two heads and horns. Just starting to decompress and relax, and I don’t want it to all unravel because of traffic. I think I will let it go for now and just enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

How did you do with yesterday’s challenge? Did you scare yourself? I really wish y’all would start posting replies. I love hearing different ways people interpret and express the challenges. I especially love when I read something which goes from an angle I would never have expected.

It was brought to my attention the other day that one reason more folks haven’t been posting is because they did not want their creativity stolen by someone else. Now I could be 100% wrong about this, but if push came to shove, if you post something, that something has a date and time stamp on it, so you should be able to prove you are the original owner of that piece of creativity. No?

Friday’s challenge was:

 
You feel you are being watched… (You figure out the who, what, when, where and why on this one.)


Winter had finally released its death grip and spring was allotted to spread her wings and soar, so I no longer had an excuse to hibernate indoors. If I did not want to spend a rapidly approaching summer covered by a muumuu, then I needed to get out and start exercising. I decided a long walk along a winding path through a nearby park was just the ticket. I’d get exercise, fresh air, a beautiful view to distract my brain from acknowledging I was exercising and, probably most important, I would not get waylaid by some chatty Cathy as would have at the gym.

 
I double checked my, oh so fashionable, fanny pack to make sure I had my car keys, a tissue, a Band-Aid…just in case, and my water bottle, then I headed off. I was only walking and since this was my first outing of the season, it fell more under the category of leisurely stroll, so I did not feel the need to stretch before I started. It was early, around five. The loop normally took me just shy of an hour to complete, but since this was my first time out I was giving myself an hour and a half, still leaving me half an hour before sunset. I should be fine.

 
The first half of the walk was quite lovely. I even took a moment to watch a family of Canadian geese; the parents leading their new babies to the pond for their very first swim.

 
I was getting there…honest. I was going to be on the last quarter of the walk, the part of the path which wandered through trees, the noise in the brush, the hair on the back of my neck rising, my rapid heart rate, the waning light, the mad dash to the car, etc.. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do a short bare bones answer, it’s just not the way I write. Perhaps you had better luck.

 Your Day 18 Challenge is:

 You see a REALLY old couple walking hand in hand through the park. In your mind you make up their story…

 You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment