Pintrest

Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 30 Challenge


Hi, it’s Christina –

The blog has hit its one month anniversary, and although there have only been a few folks who have taken up the writing challenges, word has started to get out. Just like I am learning how to market my novels, I am learning I also have to market my blog. You are all watching my growing pains, which I appreciate immensely and I am grateful. We will get through them together.

Prom day has finally arrived and I still have so much to do. The tractor hit a root while my husband was trying to mow last night to make the lawn pretty for pictures. The root bent the mower deck and the tractor crapped out. My hubby got it fixed, but by then it was too late to finish mowing, so I have that to do. I have to clean the house because we will be having guests over who wanted to see my daughter in her gown. I have to run to the store so I can have munchies for the aforementioned guests. I have to be at my girlfriend’s around one to do my “niece’s” hair, and then be back here by three to help my daughter. The best part is, I have to tackle all of this on less than three hours of sleep. The brain just would not shut off last night. I hate when that happens!

So, what did you do with your last week on Earth?

Yesterday’s challenge was:


They have just announced the meteor which will be hitting the Earth in one week, will more than likely destroy the planet. What would you do with your last week?

 

Six months’ worth of canned goods, check. One quarter of the basement filled with drinking water, check. Generator hooked directly to a natural gas source, check. Windows ready to be boarded, gas for the quads stored, batteries, portable radio, seeds and bags of soil, a new rifle and ammunition, a crossbow, a bow and arrows purchased and stored, check. Fruits and veggies canned or dried, laundry is finished, water to flush stored, paper goods stocked. Unless we sustain a direct hit, the eight of us may just come out of this mess. I have told no one outside my immediate household what I was doing. My three children do not even know I have chosen three people as their mates who will also be holed up with us. The three I have chosen think they are coming to a party to mock all of the Chicken Little alarmists. I have seen the charts, made calculations of my own, and for the first time, I do not believe this is a false alarm.    I know this all seems cold and calculating, but it is the only chance of a possible future for my children. The hardest thing was seeing our extended family over the weekend and even knowing we may never see them again, keeping my mouth shut. They will need to make provisions for themselves.

Your Day 32 Challenge is:

 
A cabin in the woods…
 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment