Pintrest

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 28 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

I cannot believe it is Wednesday already. Somehow I missed a day, whether it was Monday or Tuesday, I’m not exactly sure. It must be Monday which is the blur, because yesterday was actually very productive. It took six hours, but I did finish the manuscript I was editing and sent it back to its author, to which I received a lovely note in reply. I was greedy and told him I wanted a signed copy of the finished product as my payment. I look at it this way; I am filling my library with signed first editions. Granted I’ll probably be long dead before they are worth any money, but I still think it’s pretty cool.

Remember I was telling you about the prom dress fiasco? Well, here’s the latest. It turns out the alterations were done by the previous owner. The new guy I have been dealing with has only owned the store for three weeks now. Although he says he will try to get the money for the ruined gown from the previous owner, I have resigned myself to the fact I am out my $200 for the dress. Anyone out there need a $200 purple dishrag? Such is my luck.

So did you have fun with yesterday’s challenge? I was happy to see one person took it up almost immediately, and it was the same person who said she would never submit because she didn’t feel her writing abilities would measure up to mine. (Again, not a contest folks; this is just for fun.) I am so proud of Karolyn for posting and I hope she decides to accept more challenges.

Yesterday’s challenge was:


Mickey and Minnie’s relationship may be in jeopardy…


Shock and dismay are running rampant through the “most magical place on earth”, when earlier today, photos emerged of Mickey and Daisy in an obviously compromising position, photos which have literally sent the world reeling. When E-News Disney reporter, Alyson Stoner, questioned the meglamouse, his only comment was, “I did not have relations with that duck!”
 
A press release was issued moments ago from Minnie.
 
“This is a trying and difficult time for me and my family. I implore the media to give us some privacy so we can focus on sorting out this situation. Please pray for us.”
 
This statement has many questioning whether Mickey and Minnie’s sixty plus year relationship can be saved; a question this reporter cannot answer. For several generations now, Mickey and Minnie’s relationship has symbolized what true and lasting love looks like, and now, with that love in jeopardy, the world does not know what to think. It is indeed a sad day for us all.
Signing off for E-News Tonight…


Your Day 29 Challenge is:


That was the weirdest trip to the store ever…
 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment