Pintrest

Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 16 Challenge


Hi, it’s Christina –

Well it took 9 hours but we finally made it to Williamsburg. Between construction on various roads, accidents snarling traffic and a disabled vehicle in one of the tunnels, the trip took two hours longer than I expected, but we are here now and I am determined to have a good time! We’ve decided to head to the Jamestown Settlement today; that is after we attend the one hour obligatory spiel we need to sit through this morning because we are guests at a Wyndham resort. Something we have learned to tolerate. It’s a relatively small price to pay to repay my in-laws for giving us use of their timeshare for these little weekend getaways.

 
The challenge I offered up on Wednesday was:
 
You are wandering around your home, freely talking to yourself because you know you are alone. You ask yourself a question, but then, much to your surprise, someone answers. You look around and are shocked when you see where the reply came from.
 
“Argh! What a mess! I swear this place was spotless two days ago. Dishes need to be a daily thing, fine. Vacuuming to keep up with the fur menagerie, fine. But this tripping over shoes, socks on the coffee table and general clutter just has to stop. How can the house get so out of hand so quickly?” I asked no one in particular as I continued my disgruntled trek through my house.

“Because they have relegated you to the status of maid” an unfamiliar voice replied.

Who the hell just said that? I spun around, but there was no one there. Colby, our dog was asleep, so obviously he hadn’t heard anything or he would be barking his head off. Sebastian, one of our cats, was preoccupied with the birds outside the window where he was perched. The only one who was even paying me any attention was our other cat, Mikey, but he did not appear to be bothered in the least either. I’m losing it! In my mind it was saner to question the cat than to continue to talk to myself, so I looked at Mikey and asked, “Did you hear that?”

He blinked his gold-green eyes, twitched his tail, and replied, “Well of course I heard it; I said it.” Then gave me a long suffering board stare.

“Aaahhh!” I squeaked.

Ah-ha, 10 minutes gets shorter every time. Oh well. On to the next one.

Your Day 17 Challenge is:

 
You feel you are being watched… (You figure out the who, what, when, where and why on this one.)
 


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment