Pintrest

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 20 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

If you happened to have seen my post on Facebook, you already know my most amazing news. If you haven’t, well I’m just going to have to tell you. Yesterday I received an email informing me I am the Winner in the Romance category of the 2013 Next Generation Indie Book Awards. I was completely shocked! There are literally thousands of entries and they picked A Second Chance as this year’s winner in the Romance category!

On May 29th, I will be traveling into New York for the reception. For those of you who know me, this is a MAJOR deal. I am terrified of going into the city, but for this award ceremony, I will have to take a train and make my way into NYC on my own. You thought I was a wreck just planning to leave for a long weekend; I will be a candidate for Bedlam before the 29th arrives! I also know this is an opportunity of a lifetime which I would be a fool to pass up, so I will just have to take my own advice and “suck it up buttercup”.

The reception is at the Harvard Club, so not only will I need to make it into the city, I will need to do it in a dress and heels, with hair and make-up done. Talk about stepping out of my comfort zone! Eeee Gads! I will need all the words of encouragement you can throw at me for the next few weeks.

So, the blog has been up and running for 3 weeks now and still the only one brave enough to comment has been a 13 year old girl. I have heard from dozens of you who are doing the challenges but not posting the responses. I really have no idea why you are hesitating. I have ask that no one post a negative comment (and believe me, if no one trashed my I Love Lucy post, I think you are pretty safe), but if they do, it will be deleted immediately. This is really meant to be a safe place for you to try out your creative wings. Also, I would LOVE to get some of your ideas for challenges. I’m tired of thinking them all up!

Yesterday’s challenge:
 

You wake up one morning and find you have been transported back in time (you can determine how far back)….
 

Whether it was the noise outside the window or hitting a rut in the road which woke me I’m not sure, but now I am awake and extremely disoriented. I never fall asleep in a moving vehicle. I blink in an attempt to clear the fog from my eyes and brain. Where the hell am I? The last I remember was staring out the windshield at a never ending ribbon of highway and now I’m in some kind of room. We hit another rut in the road. This isn’t a room, it’s a carriage. I look to the right. There’s a shade over the window. I push it to the side and start dumbfounded at a countryside moving past.
 
“Ah, you’re awake,” a male voice to my left proclaims. Who the hell is that? I spin around toward the voice. There is a handsome man sitting next to me smiling. He is tall and fairly lean with dark hair and the most amazing green eyes I have ever seen.
 
I find my tongue, “I guess I was more tired than I thought.” Why did I say that? Why am I not screaming and running for the hills? How do I know this man and feel completely comfortable?
 
“As you should be my dear,” he replied as he squeezed my hand. “We were dancing until nearly dawn and then on the road a mere few hours after. I truly did not think you would wake until we reached Cheltenham.”
 

No surprise there was it? What other time period would I, the historical romance writer, be propelled back to?  PLEASE post, I would love to see where, or should I say when, you went.

Your Day 21 Challenge is:

 
If you were a superhero, what would your special power be?

 
You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment