Pintrest

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 29 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

I am going to be famous! I have discovered a new species. It is a cross between a Venus flytrap, a chicken and a canine. It looks suspiciously like a dog, but it catches every bug flying by and cowers and runs like a chicken at the slightest noise. You would think that after he caught his first bee and it hurt, he would stop going after everything that goes flying past. Yup, the dog is totally insane, but he’s just so dang cute!
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt I will have any time to write today, because I have to run to the tailor to get my daughter’s gown, run to Costco to get all the stuff for the kids for prom weekend, then I need to go to Shoprite to get the stuff I cannot get at Costco and to pick up the boutonnière.

As you can see, I have to get my butt in gear, so let’s get to the challenges.

Yesterday’s challenge was:


That was the weirdest trip to the store ever…

 

It was a Tuesday in May, around ten o’clock in the morning, when I arrived at our local grocery store. This was supposed to be my once a month big shopping trip, a task I really do not enjoy. I selected the jumbo shopping cart knowing in the next hour it would be filled to overflowing with big ticket items like toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent and fabric softener, dog and cat food, plus whatever perishables I needed for dinner the next two nights.
I get near the front entrance when, exiting the store, is an old classmate who I hadn’t seen in years. We stopped and chatted for a few moments, exchanged hugs and promises to get together, and then we went our separate ways. In the bakery section, I bump into one of my mother’s friends and of course we spent ten minutes talking. What had I needed from the bakery? Oh well, I guess it wasn’t important. In produce I met not one, but two people from church, a girlfriend by the meats, an ex-boyfriend by pet food, our minister in paper goods, our neighbor in the cleaning products isle, one of my children’s 2nd grade teachers in dairy.
Three hours later I bump into my mother at the check-out counter and she asked me why I had such a large cart for only a few items. I looked down and discovered my cart did, in fact, only hold five things. Well, at least I did manage to get something for dinner…


Your Day 30 Challenge (complements of my youngest daughter) is:


They have just announced the meteor which will be hitting the Earth in one week, will more than likely destroy the planet. What would you do with your last week?

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment