Pintrest

Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27th Challenge


Hi, it’s Christina –

Happy Memorial Day! We have beautiful, cloudless, azure skies here, but it is still a wee bit nippy. There was a light frost on the lawn when I woke up this morning, so I guess it is a good thing my husband and son have not finished building my vegetable garden yet or everything I would have planted would probably be dead.

So did you see? I figured out how to add photos to the blog. Now there are photos (when I have them) which are relevant to whatever I posted that day – the redoubt where I found the piece of ancient pottery, the garden being built, my daughter in her 2nd prom dress, Colby the part canine part chicken part Venus fly trap I discovered. I’ve always admitted to being a technological ditz, but I eventually figure it out.

The good news, the FINAL cover for A Second Chance is complete; the bad news, because of the delay, I probably will not be able to bring a copy with me to NYC on Wednesday. I am extremely pleased with the new cover and I am thrilled with Caligraphics! Cal will have every one of my future covers to create.

 
Even though it is really early, I’m sure you have other things to be doing today than reading my blog, so let’s get on to the challenge.

 

Saturday’s challenge was:

 

What does Memorial Day mean to you?

 

To me, Memorial Day is the real Thanksgiving Day, a day to reflect and to be thankful for all the men and women in uniform who sacrifice so much so we can be safe and happy. I’m thankful for the dads who weren’t there to see their child born and the moms who missed their baby’s first words because they were far away defending the civil rights of the oppressed. I’m thankful for the blood shed of so many so I can live in a land where my children can be whoever they want to be. I’m thankful to those who have come home broken and to those who never came home, for they sacrificed so much, so I, a stranger, can sleep in peace at night knowing I am safe and free.

 

It didn’t take ten minutes, but I’m done. While you are grillin’ and chillin’ on your paid day off from work today, please take a moment and give thanks.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

The Civil War never happened…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment