Pintrest

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 25 Challenge


Hi, it’s Christina –

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! I hope you have a wonderful day! We are having a glorious, warm sunny day in central NJ…YEAH! I will be able to enlist the troops today to help me with some much needed yard work and they won’t be able to complain. One of the definite perks of Mother’s Day!

Yesterday I got to play beautician and do a trial run on my “niece’s” hair for her prom. We curled, we sprayed, we pinned, we undid and tried again, but then on the second try, we found an elegant up-do we were both happy with – she is going to look beautiful. My son’s friend is an actual beautician who pretty much insisted she do my daughter’s hair for the prom, so while she is at my house primping my daughter, I will be at my girlfriend’s house primping my “niece”. This is a good thing, because I would probably drive my daughter nutz if I was there while she was getting ready.

Yesterday I also confirmed our new dog fits perfectly with the other partially insane occupants of my household. Picture in your mind a butterfly, now picture the crazy flight pattern of that butterfly, now finally add to that image a pouncing, seventy pound fur ball chasing said butterfly through the yard trying to catch it. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while!

Yesterday’s challenge (which I didn’t even realize until this morning – Mother’s Day – how timely it was):
 

You are seeing your child for the first time…

 

After a good push, the doctor orders me to stop. The cord is wrapped around the baby’s neck twice. She frees the cord and tells me, one last push. I comply. Out the baby comes. She holds up a silent, blue little human. The delivery explodes into a flurry of activity. The baby is not breathing.  Suddenly I have stopped breathing too. I grab my husband’s hand and we stare at the scene unfolding before our eyes. Two new doctors enter the room. The interns, who were allowed to observe the delivery, were now lined up against the back wall so they could keep out of the doctors’ way. We see a distinctive stream of yellow shoot over the doctors’ heads, then at last, the long awaited newborn’s cry. Relief floods the room and everyone laughs. I begin to breathe again. A nurse cleans and swaddles the baby. As she hands the baby to me she says with a smile, “Your new little man just needed to pee first.”

 
Your Day 26 Challenge (compliments of my daughter) is:
 

A world without music…
 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment