Pintrest

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 25th


Hi it’s Christina –

Merry Christmas to all! There won’t be a writing challenge again today, because I am functioning on about three hours of sleep. By the time everyone left last night and I got everything ready for this morning, I didn’t fall asleep until after 1:00, and then my internal clock had me up at 4:30. It’s going to be a very long day, but for once I really don’t mind. Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep in tomorrow.

Christmas Eve service at our church last night was beautiful. It was nice having my oldest daughter singing with me in the choir. I did have one strange thing happen though. In our first song, the last note we had to hold out a high “G”. We had an “E” to a “G”, then took a breath and back to the “G” for twelve beats. I took a breath, opened my mouth, and nothing came out. Thankfully I was only one of three on the note, so hopefully no one noticed. After, I was still able to sing the rest of our songs, but I wasn’t able to project very well. I think I may be coming down with a cold or something.

My son, his girlfriend Alex, and one of his best friends Jason, were at the house when we came home. They had gone to Alex’s church this year instead of coming to ours. It was strange not having them at our church, but I’m going to have to learn how to share holidays. At least I still got to see them on Christmas Eve.

 
 Ages ago, my husband’s parents started a tradition of Christmas jammies for the grandkids, which they receive on Christmas Eve every year. For the second year in a row, the tops for the jammies have had funny expressions on them. The girls’ (there are four granddaughters) shirts read, “Joke’s on you Santa, I wanted coal”, and the boys’ (two grandsons) shirts read, “Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas are the phone #’s of the girls on the naughty list”. Needless to say, the shirts caused more than a few chuckles.

Even though I charged my camera battery for a couple of hours before I needed it last night, after only a few pictures, my camera died. I plugged it back in and let it charge overnight, so hopefully I will have better results today. The pictures posted are the few I managed to get before the camera pooped out. When Jason wakes up, hopefully he'll email me the pictures I took on his phone. I got a really cute one of all five kids.
 
Everyone will be gathering here at ten, so I need to finish getting ready. I need to run the dishwasher again with all the stuff that didn’t fit from last night’s dinner, then slice and plate all the bread, nut roll, crumb cake, and cookies. Our friends are bringing frittata, and my mom is bringing an egg and sausage casserole, so I don’t have any hot dishes to make this year. YEAH!

Okay, I had best get going. I wish you all a blessed day, and the writing can wait until tomorrow! Go enjoy your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment