Pintrest

Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Only nine days left until Christmas, and I’m starting to stress over how much I still have to do; and I won’t get much accomplished today either. At ten, I’m supposed to be at the Somerset County Home for Temporarily Displaced Children wrapping donated gifts. Hopefully I’ll be finished by two. Actually, I have to be finished by two so I can make it in time to pick up my daughter when she gets home from school and get her to her chiropractor’s appointment. I’ll have just enough time to pop a chicken in the oven before we leave so we’ll have something for dinner tonight.

Yesterday’s cookie exchange was postponed to Thursday night. Even though the roads were clear, my driveway was not, and it was far too dangerous to allow folks to try and walk on it. We couldn’t get the snow blower working, but I doubt it would have mattered anyway because the snow was probably too icy to blow.

My husband started shoveling by hand around noon. By three, he was about half way down the driveway when a truck with a plow on the front pulls up and the driver yells, “Get out of the way, I’m tired of watching you.”

My “big brother” Kenny drove by on his way to plow out his sister Sharon’s drive and saw my husband shoveling. After he finished his sister’s house and was headed to the next place he had to plow, he saw my husband was still shoveling and pulled in to the drive. He could have just driven past the house, gone on to the next appointment – which he was late for, and we would have never even known he was in the area; but he didn’t. How sweet was that? So, Kenny Ball, you are my hero of the day!

Okay, as I said, I have TONS to do, and I would like to get a jump on them before I have to leave, because from 9:30 on, my day is pretty well shot.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!


Your Last Challenge was (I thought this one would be a quick one for you):
 

Since this has inadvertently become the season of wishes, tell us your one most outrageous wish from Santa, one you know would never happen, but it is still fun to wish for…
 

Have any of you heard of the band Trans-Siberian Orchestra?  They are this group who do the Christmas classics as well as Tchaikovsky on electric guitars, keyboards and such. Trust me when I say, even your kids would love classical music if they heard TSO playing it. They are incredible and they put on an amazing show. I have been to a couple of their concerts, and I can’t wait to see them again when I can afford the tickets.

Anyway, their first album was Christmas Eve Sarajevo, and the title song from the album is the first thing I put on to get me in the Christmas spirit. It is a powerful piece, and it has always been my secret wish to someday be allowed to conduct it. Actually, I don’t know how “secret” my wish really is, because EVERY time it’s played, I can’t help but conduct – even with full gusto when there’s no one there to watch.


Your Next Challenge is:
 

Write a story containing the following three things: A Gingerbread Man, Candy Cane(s), the Police
 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment