Pintrest

Friday, December 20, 2013

December 20th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! So the cookie exchange last night was a total bust. For the few folks who came, we divvied up the cookies, handed out the recipe cards, I sent them home with the grab bag gift they showed up with, and we never even bothered with the game. We just sat around the kitchen table for an hour and chatted.

They did get to sample the cookies, and I made a batch of homemade Irish cream. It was a bit of a heavy pour, so I’ll have to cut it when I make the next batch and combine the two. If anyone is interested in learning how to make your own homemade Irish cream, send me a message and I’ll send you the recipe.

Yesterday was a banner day. I hit my goal of 500 “likes” on my Facebook author’s page. Wooo Hooo! Then I surprised the 500th person with a copy of A Second Chance. One of the other fans of my page made a real push with her friends to try to get me to my goal, and I sent her a book as well. I had every intention of doing this from the start, but I didn’t want to say anything just in case I couldn’t figure out who was number 500.

December 22nd through the 24th I am offering the Kindle version of Taking Chances for FREE. So if you need a last minute stocking stuffer, here’s your chance…you can’t beat the price…. Just go on Amazon.com to download.

 
Now that I have hit my goal on Facebook – THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH – I need to figure out how to do the same on Tumblr. I currently have 2 followers on Tumblr. So if you have a Tumblr account, please look me up.


Twitter, on the other hand, is a whole different beast. ¾ of the folks who follow me on Twitter do not follow me on Facebook, which is confusing to me. But then again, for some reason Twitter confuses me in general. I still haven’t figured out how to properly use a hash-tag. I wish one of you would give me Twitter 101. #ineedhelp – Was that right??


Today I am locking myself in the basement. I need to find those Monty books I purchased for my great niece and for my cousin’s daughter, and I need to start wrapping. UGH! My LEAST favorite part of this holiday. First I have to drive Dani Rose to school. She has a bunch of gifts for her friends, and there is no way she’d be able to navigate on the bus with them. Why do I have a strange feeling I’ll be getting a text around two asking if I would pick her up from school as well? Hmmmm…


I hope you have a great day and happy writing!

 

Your Last Challenge was:


In the heart of every human is their desire to leave their mark upon this world; a piece of them to be remembered once they are no longer here. What mark have you left or would you like to leave?



This prompt really made me think. Some of you might have thought my answer to this challenge would have been an obvious choice, but after much contemplation, it really wasn’t.

As an author, I could say my legacy is the books I write, but I don’t feel that way. Sure I write stories which give my readers a momentary escape and some enjoyment, but they are not really a measurable “mark” on the world, even though they will still exist long after I am gone.

The true mark I have left are my children and their ability to make the world a better place – by being the COO of a company; by being the one who helps to stop a serial killer; or the one who, with the aid of her canine partner, saves someone. Yes, my real “mark” upon this world was bringing three gifted, talented, amazing children into it.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

You are sent back to earth as one of the seven deadly sins in human form. You can pick whichever sin you would like, but you must describe yourself without actually saying which sin you are – let us try and figure it out.

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment