Pintrest

Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 14th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

I survived, but man I’m wrecked today. We didn’t get home until almost eleven last night, and although I went right to bed, I still needed to unwind for a little while. I’m pretty sure I was asleep by midnight. I am getting too old to handle 21 hour long days! However, for several reasons, I’m glad we did it all in one day.

Yesterday was so cold and so windy in Burlington, but compared to today, they were having a heat wave. Right now, at Lys’ school, the actual temp is -1 with a wind chill of -12. If we had left this morning, we would have been well on our way before it started to snow up there, but we would have probably hit snow in New York and then had to white-knuckle the rest of the way home.

I was shocked. We actually have more snow on the ground here in New Jersey than they do in Vermont; and YIPPIE, we are getting more today. It’s supposed to start snowing here around two pm and go until six, with a predicted accumulation of two – four inches before it turns into sleet and freezing rain. Oh what fun.

Not for nothing, but I’m not going to tonight’s church Christmas party in the mess. They will probably postpone it to next Saturday, but we won’t be able to make it because the 21st is my husband’s office Christmas party, and there is no way we would miss it. It’s funny, my husband has been with his company longer than all the other employees, except Cindy the office manager, have been alive. The only people who have been with the company longer are the two owners, George and Scott. This will be the thirty-first Christmas party my husband and I will be attending with the company. Heck, we’ve been to more than the owners’ wives.

The forecast has bought me more time today, because now with me not going to the party, I no longer have to spend a couple of hours making appetizers and I can focus on making cookies. Then there’s the other side of the coin; because of the forecast, my cookie exchange may very well get cancelled. Well, I won’t cancel it per say, but chances are the turn out will be small, which is a bummer. It’s the same amount of work for five guests as it is for twenty-five guests, and it’s not as much fun. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Okay, I’m running out of steam, and, snow or no snow, I have a ton to get accomplished today. I hope you have a wonderful, warm and safe day, and happy writing!

 

Your Last Challenge was:

 

My life is a (Sit-com, Drama, Soap Opera, Broadway Play, Reality TV Show, Musical, whichever) and why.

 

Is it a bad thing to admit my life could fit into all these categories? Well, maybe not a Broadway play… but then again, my life can be quite a production at times; so yes, I guess, even a Broadway play. The more I ponder the question, the more I believe everyone’s life would be a combination of all of them, and I may not be that strange at all.

Think about it. Heaven knows, everyone’s life has moments of drama – a battle between parent and child, a friend or loved one receives a bad diagnosis, someone passes away, someone loses their job. On the flip side, we all have our sit-com and reality tv moments as well where something so strange or unexpected happens, you just have to laugh. The soap opera moments are when you can say “You just can’t make this s**t up”, and the musical is the times when you heart just wants to sing.

So see, we can easily have all the elements in our everyday life which would fit into any and all of these categories. The trick will be figuring out how to have it less drama and more musical…

 

Your Next Challenge is:

Since this has inadvertently become the season of wishes, tell us your one most outrageous wish from Santa, one you know would never happen, but it is still fun to wish for…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment