Pintrest

Sunday, September 8, 2013

September 8th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

 
It is another glorious day in Central New Jersey. Although I do not like the cold weather and the changing weather does send my back into spasms, I do love crisp nights and warm sunny days. Usually it means you’ve tired yourself out all day because you can get work done outside because there is no oppressive heat and then you sleep like a rock burrowed under the covers.

 
Unfortunately last night I wasn’t so lucky. This being only the second full day of this type of weather, my back was so cramped up, every time I went to move it was a breath stealing endeavor. I didn’t get a heck of a lot of sleep last night. Hopefully I will have better luck tonight.

 
Today is the first day of Sunday school at our church, and much to my daughter’s chagrin, she needs to get her butt out of bed to be there. She will be part of the Confirmation class and one of its requirements is Sunday school attendance. She grumbles and complains, but after she gets there and gets involved with the kids, she’s fine. I just wish we didn’t have to go through the song and dance beforehand.

 
When we get home from church, I am going to thaw out something to have for a good old fashioned Sunday dinner. I am going to straighten the house and make sure everything is finished before 7:30 so we can watch the Giants v. Cowboys game uninterrupted. What do you think the chances are of spotting my son at the game? LOL, yeah, I know, almost less than zero. It doesn’t mean I’m not going to try…
 

I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

 
 

Your Last Challenge was:

 

Go ahead, close your eyes, make a wish and blow. I know you want to. I promise not to tell anyone.
 

Blowing dandelion wishes or popping the heads off when they are still yellow, holding buttercups up under your chin to see if they reflect alerting everyone you like butter, catching fireflies and keeping them in a mason jar; all precious moments from our childhood. Memories of a much simpler time; a time when our biggest worry was if we’d be allowed to stay up an extra half hour or if our grandmother would like the necklace we made her out of dandelion stems. A time we would all love to revisit.

 
But who says we can’t? What is stopping you from taking a moment to catch a firefly and let him go? From reaching down, grabbing a fat, yellow dandelion and thumb-popping the head to see how far it will fly? So next time you see a dandelion ball, pick it, bring it up to your mouth, close your eyes, make a wish and blow…

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 


Describe the very first time you saw a movie on the big screen.

 

  

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment