Pintrest

Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2nd

Hi, it’s Christina –
 
I’m going to skip the writing challenge today. I have a bunch of stuff to get done before 12:30 when I have to leave for my son’s house.
 
We went to a birthday party yesterday for one of my youngest daughter’s friends and we had a blast. The only kid/adult overlap time was while eating and during the hayrides. All the teenagers pretty much disappeared and did their own thing.
 
At around 8:00 when the crowd thinned out a bit, Kathy, the hostess, brought out a game for the adults to play. It’s called Right, Left, Center. I had no idea what I was doing, but I bummed $3 off of my hubby and I was in on the fun. (I think I played or at least watched it once before at a cookie exchange years ago, but details were fuzzy at best.)
 
If you haven’t heard of the game, here’s what it is. It is very simple. You have 3 dice and you have $3 in front of you on the table. Everyone sits in a circle. You roll the dice. If you roll and “R” you need to pass one of your dollars to the person on your right, an “L” to the person on your left, a “C” the dollar goes in the winner’s pot in the center. There are also dots on the dice, and if you get them, you are safe and your dollars stay in front of you.
 
 
You only get to roll as many dice as you have dollars, and even if you lose all of your dollars you are still in the game, because a bunch of people could all roll “L” in a row and you end up with a dollar in front of you again. The person with the last dollar in front of them wins the pot.
 
There were twelve of us squished around the table all laughing and having a good time. The group had a few variations regarding drinking when certain things came up on the dice like three dots or a R,L,C all on one roll. (I cheered and drank with my iced tea or Sprite can.) We played four games in total. I won the first game and then was in a roll-off with Kathy in the third game, but she won.

 
Who would have thought something so simple would keep so many entertained for hours. I think I will try to find the game so I can have it for the next party we throw.
 
OK, time to boogie. There will be a new writing challenge for you tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment