Pintrest

Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 7th Challenge

HELLO…Hello…hello… Is there anybody out there? Just POST if you can hear me.
 
Hi, it’s Christina – 
 
After over 125 blog posts, I’m still left wondering if anyone is reading these, taking the challenges, benefiting in any way from these posts. I do get comments from folks every now and then, but I have no real way of knowing, really knowing, what you guys think of the blog.
 
Am I just writing for a dozen people or are they the only ones brave enough to post comments? It there something you want more of? Less of? Different prompts? Certain types of prompts you enjoy more than others? Do you like it? Hate it? In other words, I am in need of feedback.
 
I started this blog to help YOU get YOUR creativity flowing. To help YOU write, but without feedback, I feel like all this is a warm-up exercise to get me writing for the day. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions.

 

Your Last Challenge was:

 
What did you say?

 
Whether it’s just normal aging or way too many concerts during my youth, I find myself asking “What did you say?” more and more often. My children were becoming quite exasperated with me until I started telling them what I thought I heard them say. Now it has become a source of hysterical laughter as opposed to frustration, because the difference in what I hear and what was actually said vary so dramatically, it’s quite comical at times.

 
As an example, my daughter called yesterday, and during the conversation she said she was getting used to her professors. I did not hear “professors” I heard “food processors”. In my defense, my youngest daughter heard something completely different and at the same time we both asked “What did you say?” It took several attempts before we understood what my daughter had said, and when we got it, we all started laughing.

 

I could have gone on and on with things I had thought I had heard people say; none of which made sense, making me stop and ask “What did you say?” or “I have no idea what you just said.” if the reply is so completely disjointed I cannot make any sense of it. Luckily I know spotty cell service is a major culprit in the issue and not just my old abused ears.

 
OK, places to go, things to do. Go out there and enjoy your Saturday. Hopefully the weather by you is as glorious as it is by me. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!
 
Your Next Challenge is:

 


 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

2 comments:

  1. Comment from FB:

    Mallbq Pig - Yes, people read these but are too lazy to play games

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment from FB:

    Marcy Fitzpatrick-Wiebe I love your blog.. and I try and read it everyday.. sometimes life gets in the way.. And it is raining here today, but to me it is still a glorious day.. Have a happy day Christina!!

    ReplyDelete