Pintrest

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 18th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

 
Brrrrr!! OK, this morning has gone from chilly to downright cold! Not quite ready for this yet. I took the dog out this morning and there was a light dusting of frost on the ground and I could see my breath.

 
Today I will be getting everything ready for my book signing this weekend at Canterbury Tales Forever in Peddler’s Village in New Hope, PA. I will be signing copies of both A Second Chance and Taking Chances from 2 pm – 4 pm on Saturday, and from Noon – 2 pm on Sunday.

 
I arranged to be there this weekend for two main reasons. The first was I figured I was pretty much guaranteed good weather by choosing a weekend in late September, and second, this weekend is the annual Scarecrow Festival, which usually draws a large crowd. I have included a link below so you can read about the scarecrow festival if you’d like, but in a nutshell, all the shoppes are decorated with scarecrows of every shape, size and form; and it is the kick off weekend for the scarecrow contest which I believe is judged right around Halloween.



I think it would be appropriate to decorate my signing table, so I need to go rummaging through my holiday bins in the basement and put together a theme/display which captures the mood yet doesn’t take up a lot of space. I’m pretty sure I have a pumpkin I can use as my candy dish and a skull cup for my pens. I really have no idea what is still down there – what did and didn’t survive hurricane Irene. We’ve had storms this time of year two years in a row, so I was too busy cleaning up the aftermath to worry about decorating my house for the season.

 
If you are interested in coming to the event, and I hope you are, directions to Canterbury Tales Forever is on my website.

 

 
Bring the family to check out all the cool, funky and scary scarecrows. Listen to the bands playing. Indulge in the pie eating contest. Try your hand at pumpkin painting, and take a moment to swing by my table to say “Hi”.

 

I hope you have a wonderful day and happy writing!

 



 

Your Last Challenge was:

 

Something strange was about to happen at the grocery store

(Thanks to K. Fritz, friend and fellow author, for this challenge)

 

What was that noise? It sounded like high pitched whispering. I look around trying to place it. There is no one in the isle, that’s why I choose to shop late on a Tuesday night, so I don’t have to deal with people. I shrug it off and proceed with my shopping.  Lettuce, check, tomatoes, check, cucumbers, two for a dollar, forget it.

On to the cereal aisle. I walk about four steps into the isle and here something behind me fall. I look. Two boxes are on the ground. There is no one behind me. Hum, I must have bumped them as I passed. NBD. I go and pick them up and continue about my business. What else do I need? Dang, I really need to start making a list. OK, think. Three meals plus side dishes. I grabbed some chicken, some beef and some pork and go hunting for the sides. Let’s do stuffing with the chicken and rice with the pork. I should probably do potatoes with the beef. Do I have any at home? Forget it, I’ll just pick some up before I leave. Rice and stuffing.

OK. In the rice aisle I hear the whispering again, and then some giggling. There is no one there!! I’m losing it! I need to get some sleep. Stuffing, veggies and then the potatoes, I can’t forget the potatoes, and then I’m going home!  I enter the stuffing isle and there, right in front of me a box of stuffing comes flying off the shelf and right into my cart. More giggling…Screw the groceries, I’m out of here now!

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

Your mission today, should you chose to accept, is to scare me. Even though I am not a fan of horror novels, I would like you to write a scary story and share it.

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment