Pintrest

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September 24th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

 
I give up trying to figure out Facebook. I noticed a trend where if my posts contained links, then FB would not circulate the post and the amount of “people who saw this post” would drop by as much as 90%, so I stopped putting in links. On the other hand, posts with photos had a tendency of increasing my “people who saw this post”, so I try to include a picture. Yesterday’s post had a photo and no links, so you would think I’d at least hit my average, right? NOPE, down about 65%. THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON.

 
I am convinced FB is doing this for two reasons: 1) to drive us completely insane; and 2) to get us to pay to boost the posts. They have succeeded with their number one objective, but I will hold firm on the second one. You offer a service for free with the option of paying for a better service – FINE. I have no problem with that; many companies do the same thing. HOWEVER, don’t sabotage the “free” service in an attempt to get people to purchase the upgraded service. Not only is it unethical, they are shooting themselves in the foot. What are you willing to pay more for, something that works great and you get good results with, or something you are getting spotty results with? Their “free” should be their hook to get folks to want more of their incredible product. Isn’t that Marketing 101? The customers who to choose the upgraded service will pay for the people who only elect to use the free service, and if you think about it, the “free” service requires very little actual manpower. This is a virtual business after all.

 
OK, I’m done ranting over something I have no control over. From now on, I am going to make a conscious effort to ignore the “people who saw this post”, well, at least I will try not to let it bother me.

 
I have my writers’ workshop tonight, which means I won’t be home for dinner. It also means I have to have something ready for my husband and daughter to eat while I’m not home. This is an ongoing Tuesday night challenge, because I don’t want them to have to eat the same thing every Tuesday night. For tonight, I decided to do pulled pork in the crock pot. I usually just throw the pork in with a can of beer, let it bubble away for several hours. Then, about an hour before I want to serve it, I take it out, pull it apart, drain most of the cooking juice, add some BBQ sauce, then toss the meat back in to cook for the last hour. The last time I made it, I added some apple cider vinegar and reduced the amount of BBQ sauce considerably, and it was the best pulled pork ever.

 
So, do you have a pulled pork recipe you think is great? Want to share? If you have any other recipes to help me with my Tuesday dilemma, I am open to suggestions! I hope you have a fabulous day, and happy writing!

 
Your Last Challenge was:

        It’s moving day…

 

Good God in Heaven, how much stuff can one family have? Twenty-seven boxes, and that was just the kitchen! Can someone explain to me why anyone would need three garlic presses? Well, at least that’s what I think they were. Not that I ever used them. Four boxes were cookbooks alone. The entire culinary academy couldn’t make all those recipes.


Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a kitchen, a family room, a garage and a basement – at the rate we’re going, we are going to need a second truck. Oh brother, I forgot about the sheds. Yes I said sheds; not one but two. The new plot of land is the size of a sneeze, why do we need to bring the John Deere? Who cares if it was a gift from your beloved dead uncle…SELL IT!


Do we really need to bring the electric fireplace (which hasn’t worked for years) with us? The new house has a real fireplace; not that a fireplace in Florida makes a whole lot of sense, but we have one none the less. Broken small appliances, zillions of computer parts, scraps of wood – we have a dumpster, use it! Dear Lord, can someone please tell me where I packed the wine?

 

This will more than likely be me if we ever move. J

 



 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

Describe something edible without saying what it is - let us try to guess.

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment