Pintrest

Friday, July 5, 2013

July 5th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Good morning world! Hope everyone had a happy and safe July 4th.

 

Well, as predicted, my daughter’s cake was the hit of the party. Check it out…

 

The outside:

 


 

Four layers high, with a peanut butter frosting, garnished with crushed peanuts and mini chocolate chips.

 

The inside:

 


 

A round checkerboard with chocolate mousse filling! Yes, it tasted as good as it looked! My daughter just may have a career as a pastry chef, after her career with the FBI of course. LOL.


My son was quite surprised with his gift from us, which is great. We got him a grill (and tools to be able to assemble the grill). He thought he was going to be getting a hand-me-down grill since we got my husband a new one for Father’s Day, but we figured he would use a grill almost every day, so he should have a new one.

OK, let’s get to the challenge so I can go to camp. Oh, almost forgot, I hit 10,240 for my word count yesterday. 20% done!!! YEAH!!!!

Your Last Challenge was:

But it started out so small…

 

Another big party at my house, and I am rushing around like a chicken with its feathers on fire, but then again, what else is new? This time, I was in pretty good shape. The appetizers were ready, the cold food was prepared, and the hot food was either cooking on the stove or in the oven. My husband was out on an adult beverage run and my children had all vacated the premises for more appealing endeavors than an adult social, so at the moment, it was just the dog, the cats and me at home.

I was doing my last sweep of the house to make sure in the last hour no one hung underwear off a lamp or something else equally as ridiculous, when I notice a strange spot on the couch. Small really, only the size of a dime, so I’m surprised I even saw it. I go over to take a look, but I cannot identify what it is. I grab a paper towel to try and blot it up, but the paper towel immediately sticks to the spot and I can’t get it off. Great, now the spot is the size of a quarter with fuzzy paper sticking out of it. I grab a damp sponge and start to dab. The paper towel starts to loosen and finally come off, but now the spot is the size of a doughnut and bright red.
 
Ahhh! I rummage through the cabinets and find some upholstery cleaner, quickly read the directions – spray, let soak for a minute, blot with a clean dry cloth. I spray, so far so good. Fifteen seconds, tiny bubbles start to form – yeah, it’s working. Thirty seconds, bigger bubbles start to form – is that supposed to happen? Forty-five seconds – the area literally starts to foam. Forty-six seconds – I screech, grab the entire roll of paper towels and start blotting frantically. Sixty seconds – I’m sitting on the floor staring at my ruined couch in shock. The cushion has melted, where the foam hit the couch is melted, and where it dripped on the rug it ate a hole almost to the padding.

My husband walks in, sees the mess and asks the obvious “What happened?”

Still in shock, all I can say is, “But it started out so small…”

 

(Thankfully NOT a true story.)

 

Your Next Challenge is:

They could be twins…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment