Pintrest

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

{{SNAP}} and just like that July is half over. Can you believe it? In moments like these, George Carlin’s toilet paper analogy comes to mind. After watching the Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture yesterday (it’s on Youtube, you can watch it for free), I started to think. For the most part, I am a Tigger, but there are times when Eeyore does sneak in. I’m not old by any means, but I am noticing the toilet paper roll of life spinning faster. Although Eeyore the Disney character is adorable, the sentiment he portrays is not, and I don’t want him crowding in on however many days I have left in this world; be it a week or fifty years.


So who are you going to choose to be?
 

 


 

 
 
 
 
 
OR 
 
 

Your Last Challenge was:

 


 

Oh my God, what was I thinking when I said I wanted to do this on my own?
 
After my aunt passed away last month, I found out she left us some real estate in Florida. Turns out, she owned the top two floors in a warehouse which had been converted to luxury apartments. Correction, all the other floors are now luxury apartments. I on the other hand am staring at nothing but white walls. A clean slate, where I have cart blanche. The prospect is a little intimidating.

Thankfully, along with the apartment, she left enough money to convert the floors into livable space. The only decisions I had made so far were, other than erecting walls to section off the bedrooms, I was going to leave the floor plan open, and we were going to keep the top floor for ourselves and sell the floor below us after it was converted.

I wandered the space which was going to be our new home, sketchpad in hand. When I reached the middle of the cavernous space, I turned in a slow surveying circle, then closed my eyes. Images started to flitter through my brain. I opened my eyes and I could see the finished product. I plopped down, right there in the middle of the empty room and started to draw. My pencil flew across the pages.

 
Your Next Challenge is (K.M. Kinsley, another author, tweeted this question and I thought it would make a great writing challenge. I’ll tell you what the rest of her tweet reads tomorrow.):

 

If you could do anything without fear of failing, what would it be?

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment