Pintrest

Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Up bright and early this foggy Sunday morning because the girls need to be at the church by 6:30. Today they are leaving for their Summer Mission Project. For one week, they will be in a tiny town in southwest Pennsylvania helping the residents work on their houses or the community center or some other need this extremely poor town has. They will be sleeping and eating at a convent. There is no TV, no internet and even phone service is a little iffy at times. This will be my oldest daughter’s third trip and my youngest daughter’s first. One whole week of my 18 year old being responsible for my 14 year old – should prove interesting.

 
I’m kinda bummed. I never made it to the party yesterday because I got one of my lovely headaches again. I think it was brought on this time because my allergies have been so bad and I may have a sinus infection. A bunch of years ago my brother-in-law’s brother and his wife and daughter moved out to Kentucky, and other than on Skype during the holidays, I haven’t seen them. I was really looking forward to catching up. I’m not sure when they are headed back. Maybe I’ll get to see them today.

 
Oh well, I need to get my rugrats up and out, so let’s get to the challenges. Have a great day!

 
Your Last Challenge was:

For me, THIS is the happiest place on Earth

 

Some say the beach, some say the mountains, and some do actually say Disney, but for me, this right here, sitting in front of my computer writing, is my happiest place on Earth. Now that’s not to say I don’t mind having my computer with me in any of those places, well maybe not Disney, I think I’d be a little too distracted and busy.

Through my writing I’ve been transported to the seediest or the most historic parts of London, galloped over the English countryside, stood on Ireland’s breathtaking rocky coast, and strolled the spice market in exotic Istanbul. I’ve sailed into the battle of Trafalgar alongside Lord Nelson and I’ve danced the waltz at glamorous balls.

When writing I can be anywhere during any time, past, present or future. I can possess skills, talents and abilities only a handful of people can boast. My only limitation is my imagination, and so far, mine knows no bounds. How could this not be my happiest place on Earth?

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 



 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment