Pintrest

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


I had a nice surprise last night. My son popped by. He didn’t stay long, but it was nice to see him. I’m not really caring for this not seeing him every day thing. I know it happened to all parents, and I knew it was time for him to move out, but it doesn’t mean I have to like it. I miss him, his sisters miss him, and although he doesn’t say it, I know his father misses him too. AND in less than a month, my daughter’s leaving as well. Just shoot me now.

They need to spread their wings, to grow, to become their own people, find their own way. I get that. I encourage it and I am very proud of them for doing it. I just can’t seem to get the Carrie Underwood lyrics out of my head, “Don’t forget to remember me.” I can’t even imagine what a mess I’m going to be four years from now when my youngest one is gone too.

Ugh, enough of that. I can’t get all bummed out and still be able to write. I think I will be giving you folks another photo challenge today though. I have a bunch of good ones saved, and no new challenge is calling to me at the moment. Hope you all have a great day, and happy writing!


Your Last Challenge was:

 

Write a story containing the following three items: Beach Ball, Ice Cream, Lifeguard

 

It was a glorious beach day. It was hot, but not oppressive. The sky was crystal blue with wispy white clouds, the water was refreshingly cool, and a gentle breeze blew from the ocean to the sand keeping the bugs at bay. Perfect. You couldn’t ask for a better day.

The teenagers I brought with me were frolicking in the waves and I was stretched out in my chair engrossed in a juicy book when a shadow fell across me. I shielded my eyes and looked up. There, standing before me, was an extremely fit, handsome man, holding a beach ball.

He smiled. “I believe this is yours,” he said as he held out the beach ball.

I glanced around our encampment to see if our ball was missing. When I didn’t see it, I stood and scanned the water to locate the kids to see if they had taken it with them. It took a moment to find them, but no, they didn’t have a ball with them.

I sighed, “It appears to be. Thank you.”

 “I watched it roll from your blanket.” He pointed to the lifeguard stand. “When it rolled under my stand, I jumped down and got it for you.”

 “Thank you.” I said as I reached for the ball. “Sorry to have troubled you.”

 “It was no trouble. My shift is over and I was looking for an excuse to come over and introduce myself anyway.” He admitted and handed me the ball. “The Fates must have wanted us to meet as well.”

Oh my God! It was like every teenage fantasy I had ever had. A day at the beach, I catch the eye of some hunky lifeguard, we end the day sitting on my blanket, watching the sun set, eating an ice cream cone. But I was hardly a teenager any more, yet here was this hunky lifeguard, who was around my age, and for some reason he had singled me out.

 

Hmm, this one may just end up being a real story…

 
Your Next Challenge is:

 



You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment