Pintrest

Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Happy July 4th to everyone! Today is an extra special day for our family because not only is it Independence Day, our nation’s Birthday, it is also my son’s Birthday. He is twenty-three today, not a “big” birthday, so the celebration will be relatively small, under twenty.
 
My daughter baked his cake yesterday and will probably be spending a good chunk of today decorating it. She is definitely loving making the elaborate cakes. I wonder if I can get Cake Boss blocked on my TV? LOL. I’m sure I’ll have a picture or two to post for tomorrow.


My word count on Corporate Blues is now over 8,500, so it is coming along. I won’t have as much time today to write, but at least I will add to my numbers. I had planned on spending extra time yesterday writing because I knew today would be a challenge, but my time was abbreviated because we had to get the house straightened up for a surprise party my youngest was throwing for a friend.


OK, on to the challenges so I can get to camp.

 

Your Last Challenge was:




 

This, this is what I’ve been dreaming about. Alleys like this, with uneven stone streets, shuttered windows and brightly painted doors. Little undiscovered nooks like this, within the city, where you can close your eyes and imagine a thousand years of history. Yes, Rome is amazing, Florence breathtaking, and Venice almost indescribable, but all so over populated with tourists. It is places like this where I feel I get a true sense of Italy; a sense of the past pulling me in, and wanting to share its stories with me.


I know if I walk down this alley, behind the doors and shutters I’ll hear talking and laughter. I’ll hear pots and dishes clanking as someone prepares dinner, and heavenly aromas will fill the air as I pass. I’ll see an old woman leaning out her window chatting with another old woman across the alley leaning out of her window, and somehow I’ll know they had done the very same thing, nearly every day, for as long as anyone can remember. There will be kids playing ball and dogs barking happily and trying to cut in on the game. People will smile, wave and say “Ciao” or “Buon giorno” as I pass. Yes, this tiny little alley, is why I came to Italy.


Your Next Challenge is:


But it started out so small…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment