Pintrest

Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Call me a wimp, but I PGed the scene and kept writing. It works. For some reason, hot and steamy didn’t fit, but who knows, it may change during rewrites. Still have 8,500 words to go in the next five days. Then the polishing, editing and rewriting begins, but I think I’ll give it a rest for a week before I start the process. I still have to finish editing the other book and get it back to its author.

Today may end up being a wash though, because again, I have a house full of kids, sleeping on every available surface. Pretty soon they are going to be waking up, making noise, wanting food, etc. My one saving grace is going to be, my daughter has a date with her grandmother at eleven, which means all these kids will be gone then.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to write then. I’m having difficulty now writing this blog. I guess it may have to do with this crazy weather change, but I’m in a lot of pain right now, and having trouble focusing. My hip feels like it’s been pulled out of its socket. Now I’m just waiting for the Motrin to kick in and take the edge off. This whole getting old thing is for the birds!


Your Last Challenge was:

 

I hadn’t planned on running for President

 

I hadn’t planned on running for President, but here I am. It started out innocently enough, just a rant on my blog, over the idiocy of our local school board. I could not believe how folks with no common sense what-so-ever could become elected officials. I received more comments to my blog than any of my other posts had done in the past. One reader wrote, well if you could change things what would you do, and I responded. This continued for several weeks, more questions, more responses. My audience grew from a humble 335 to over 335,000. The questions kept flooding in and I answered as many as I could with complete unfiltered honesty. The next thing I knew, there was a reporter at my door asking me questions about the upcoming election. When I told him I had no idea what he was talking about, he generously explained, I was a write in on the ballot.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 




 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment