Pintrest

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 10th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –
The beach was lovely yesterday. Not that the weather was perfect, yes it was sunny, but there was no breeze for the first few hours, so it was sweltering hot. Not that the water was perfect, it was cold still, and for some reason there were zillions of dead sand fleas in it, YUCK. It was lovely because I got to sit near the ocean, watching and listening to the waves, which is something I would do every day if I could.
I did bring my laptop with me with the intentions of going to camp while sitting on the sand, but it was an epic fail. I wrote maybe 500 words, half of which I’m going to be deleting, and gave up. The sun was so bright, I was straining to see the screen. When I started getting a headache, I close the computer and opened Once Upon a Tower by Eloisa James. The day got much more enjoyable after that.
We left the beach early because there were clouds forming on the horizon which started to worry me and I’m glad we did. Roughly fifteen minutes after we left, supposedly they got hit by a wicked storm. We missed everything and had a sunny ride the whole way home.
I have noticed something interesting going on. I have increased my Twitter followers by 25% in the past week or so, but I have no idea why that is. I would love to find out so I can keep doing whatever I’m doing!
OK, got to get going. Somehow I need to pull an extra 2,500 to get caught up. Don’t think I’ll be able to do it today, I already hear critters stirring.
Your Last Challenge was:


 

I round the corner, see the spot and for a moment I’m six years old again; fishing pole in one hand, my grandfather’s hand in the other. I sit on the edge of the wall, dangle my feet. I notice how much closer to the water they are, and my red, perpetually dirty and untied Keds have been replaced by sandals with polished toes peaking through. I skip a rock over the water’s surface – one, two, three, plop – and sit back and watch the ripples grow until they lap beneath my dangling feet. My hands begin to itch for a fishing pole when I see a fish jump out of the water, but mostly my heart aches for the companion who is no longer sitting by my side.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

Write a story using the following three words, Cabin, Fire, and Vampire.

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment