Pintrest

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 22nd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


I get up at an ungodly hour so I can have at least three hours of peace and quiet to write, with only one small interruption when my husband leaves for work. The plan usually works well, but today may prove to be a challenge. My oldest daughter had a friend sleep over last night, and her friend’s phone was buzzing already at quarter to seven. UGH, really? I am behind on my writing…I don’t have time for this! I really don’t want to have to start waking up at four in the morning so I can write, but I will if I have to.


There are a bunch of things we need to get done around here before my daughter leaves for college. When the girls split into two rooms, they cleaned their old room by bringing every stitch of fabric (clothes, linens, etc.) down to the basement. This week, I want to get EVERYTHING washed, sorted (what is being kept, handed down, donated), and put away.


When that is done, we are going to paint my youngest daughter’s room. She wants to do one wall in the chalkboard paint. I was resisting, but then I asked myself why? It’s only paint. It can be changed. For the first time ever, she has her very own room, and she should make it hers. My older daughter is a little miffed because I won’t let her paint her new room, but it was painted a few years ago, and it’s the color I want as my office, which is what the room is going to be when she moves out in a few years. I can’t see going crazy trying to cover the navy paint with a pastel color only to make it navy again. She’s only going to be in the room for three months out of the year, she can deal, but I do feel a little bad, because this is the kid who rarely asks for anything.


We also have another beach day scheduled as well as a get together with friends so they can say goodbye to my daughter before she leaves, and this all needs to be done by August 9th, because we leave for OBX on the 10th. Oh yeah, I also only have nine days left to finish my Camp NaNo writing and finish editing the book for the other author.


Anybody got a pair of roller skates I can borrow? LOL.


Well, it sounds like the girls fell asleep again, so maybe, just maybe, I can get some writing in this morning. So, on to the challenges then off to camp.


What did you wish for? I really wish you guys would post your responses instead of just telling me you are doing them. I’d love to read what you have written!!

 

Your Last Challenge was:


If I had three wishes… 

 

If I had three wishes, what would they be?

Would I wish for peace and harmony?

Would my wish be selfish or for another?

Would I wish everyone was treated like a brother?

Would I wish no mom would cry?

Would I wish no parent would see their baby die?

Would my wish be serious: end all disease?

Would my wish be frivolous: rid the world of fleas?

Would I wish to end famine, genocide and war?

Oh what would I use my wishes for?

Well, it doesn’t look like anyone is granting wishes today…

So I think I will do the next best thing and pray.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

 


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry guys, for some reason this entry saved as a draft but didn't post, that's why it is out of sequence.

    ReplyDelete