Pintrest

Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 13th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

It’s Saturday again. Boy that week went fast! We’ve had quite a long string of hot (in the 90s), sunny days with only a passing thunderstorm in the late afternoon, which are to be expected.  Today it is cool and rainy, and my sister-in-law is probably having an absolute fit. In about six hours, she is to have a house full of people, who very well may end up IN the house as opposed to in the back yard as planned. UGH! Say a little prayer that the rain lets up.

Yesterday I did hit the half way mark at camp, so Corporate Blues is shaping up. Still haven’t heard back from the email I sent the FBI about a procedural question, but they’ll respond eventually; it’s not like research for a novel would be any kind of priority. In the meantime, I have a sign in the middle of the chapter that reads {{INSERT INFORMATION FROM THE FBI HERE}}. The same sign will probably appear again several chapters down the road if they don’t get back to me in the next week, but at least I’m not letting myself get hung up over missing information. If the info they give me contradicts something I’ve written, I can always fix it, but I will worry about that during the first editing phase.

Since I only have until nine-thirty to write, I’m going to sign off for the day. I hope you have a great Saturday!

 
Your Last Challenge was:



 

So much sorrow, so much pain

Play over this blood soaked ground like a somber refrain

Daily I wander, rail and cry

For all the young souls who had to die

 
Can you hear me?


Most didn’t understand what they were fighting for

But now they know there can be no winner in a war

Broken promises, hopes and dreams

Torment and heartache to extreme


Can you feel me?

 

I search these woods from dusk ‘til dawn

For a love who’s now long gone

Someday we’ll find each other again

And be able to walk away hand in hand

 

Can you see me?

 

ICK – I gave myself the chills. Poems still surprise me when they come out, and I found it really strange that a picture challenge prompted one. I can’t recall if that has happened before…

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

For me, THIS is the happiest place on Earth

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment