Pintrest

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

First, Happy 68th Birthday to my Dad! Hope you have a great day!

So, have you all seen the Geico commercial with the camel? Well, my daughters think it’s the funniest thing, and kept asking me all day yesterday, “What day is it?” I’m telling you, I’m raising a couple of nutz!

We finally made it to the Laundromat yesterday, and I managed to really piss off a biker chick. Remember I told you there was a lot of laundry? There were twelve large capacity washers worth. We got to the Laundromat about fifteen minutes before the biker chick and had taken up all the big washers in the place. Then, with us being fifteen minutes ahead of her, we got to the dryers first. Our wash loads were large capacity, which meant I split each wash load between two dryers. Between the dryers I took, the couple of others which were being used and the ones not working, every dryer in the place was occupied. The biker chick was not happy when she had to wait, and she sat there and glared at me the whole time. I smiled and apologized, but she continued to glare. Did I mention she was about five inches taller than me and solid muscle? YIKES!

She never said a word, and the girls and I got out of there without incident, but I will admit, she was intimidating. I did tell the girls they were no longer allowed to let laundry pile up, and I will be following the same rule myself!

I did get to chat with one of the other customers. She was a sweet older woman who I’m pretty sure originally came from Jamaica. She was there washing a large quilt, and she was really touched when my daughter offered to help when she saw the woman struggling to try and fold the quilt. There were also two ladies there who worked at the Laundromat, and they were really nice too. Any day when I get to meet nice people, I consider a good day.

Later today, we’ll be on a folding and putting away marathon. When all is said and done, we will probably have at least four good sized bags for the Vietnam Veterans to pick up as a donation, plus all of the closets and drawers will be full. If I hear, ‘I’ve got nothing to wear’ from anyone, I may just blow a gasket!

Yesterday was not a very productive writing day for me. I was allowing myself to get distracted by every shiny object. I know I was doing this because I had come to the point in my story where the main characters were spending their first night together, and I REALLY hate writing love scenes. I feel like a Peeping Tom.

I need to just get over it and write or I will not hit my goal, and that will be a real shame since I am so close and it is obtainable. So on to the challenges, then off to camp. Hope you all have a great day! Happy Writing!


Your Last Challenge was:




 

I can’t believe I did it, packed my bag and left. Everyone in this town used to laugh when I told them I wanted to be a famous singer. They told me to just be happy singing in the choir on Sundays, and just get married and have kids like a good girl. But in my heart, I knew I could be so much more. Now here I am, walking the tracks to a train headed south, a train to Nashville.

For years I’ve been saving every penny so I could make this trip, and now I have enough to get by for at least a year. That was the deal I made with Daddy, one year, and if things were not looking hopeful at the end of one year, I was to come home. But, I knew I will not keep that promise. I won’t go home until I’ve made it. That’s what made saying goodbye to Mamma so hard. She was my biggest supporter, my rock. Oh how I will miss them both, but I know I will make them proud. One day I will be singing at the Grand Ole Opry and they will be there, right in the front row to watch. Mamma will be crying and Daddy will be sitting there puffed up like a peacock. When I’m done with my song, I will blow them a kiss, and everyone will know they are my folks and I’m as proud of them as they are of me.

 
Your Next Challenge is:

 

I hadn’t planned on running for President...

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment