Pintrest

Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


It’s FRIDAY!! Ahhh, it’s Friday! I still have so much to do!! I think I was so worried about having an alarm malfunction and not waking up on time to leave Saturday morning, I woke up at 2:30 this morning. Ugh! It took me quite a while to fall back to sleep, so I am REALLY tired right now. But, this may be a good thing. Since I am the one who will be driving, I’m planning on going to bed really early tonight, waking up at 2:30, loading everyone into the car and then pulling out of the driveway by 3:00 am. I’m not 100% sure but I think everyone else is planning on staying up and they will just sleep in the car.


Since I still have so much to do, today’s blog will be really short, and since I will be spending most of the day driving tomorrow, there probably won’t be a blog tomorrow either, and there definitely will not be a writing challenge. So, you’ll have until Sunday to work on today’s writing challenge. If you do not hear from me by Sunday, that means the realtor lied and there is no internet connection at the rental house. (You won’t see a post, but you might be able to hear me yelling because an internet connection was one of the main requirements I had, right after 3 beds and a bathroom.) I won’t borrow trouble and hope for the best.


Have a wonderful day and happy writing!
 

Your Last Challenge was:


There’s a knock on the door. The unfamiliar person on the other side says they grew up in the house and would like to see it. What happens next? (You can be the knocker or the person opening the door.)



That’s it. This time I’m going to do it instead of just sitting here at the curb. I’m going to knock on the door.


It has been thirty-five years since I moved out of the tiny, yellow, bungalow at nineteen Farmhaven. I have driven past countless times since, but never got up the nerve to knock on the door. I had spent the better part of the first twelve years of my life in that house and I am so curious to see how much has changed.

Undoubtedly the avocado kitchen has been redone, as well as the miniscule bathroom with the hole in the wall where the tiles had broken; the hole where my scared cat climbed through on moving day, never to be seen again. 


I wonder if the new owners replaced the heating system which was an open grate which took up the entire hallway in the center of the house. The metal grate which heated up, not caring that a young child’s sock could get caught on its edge, trip and fall, then be branded with its crisscross pattern.


I wonder if my six by eight bedroom with no closet was still being used as a bedroom or if they finally converted the attic to bedroom space as we had always hoped to do.

 

Out of time. I still haven’t gotten up enough nerve to knock on the door. Who knows, maybe someday I will.

 
Your Next Challenge is:


 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment