Pintrest

Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5th Challenge - My 100th Blog Entry!

Hi, it’s Christina –


Happy Monday Morning! As you may have guessed from my friend Karolyn’s response to the challenge question (on FB – I still need to copy it to the blog), we are headed to the beach today. Which means, in order to get this blog done, make lunches and get our stuff together, I’m up before dawn again. Not that I mind. Everyone’s life is so crazy and fast paced, that it is hard to find time to get together with friends. So when the opportunity arises, I try to snatch it with both hands.


Over time through this blog, I’m sure you will hear me mention some of my friends. I have been pretty blessed in the friends department, as a number of my friends I have had for over twenty, thirty and even forty years. Karolyn is one of them, so I am excited to get to spend some time with her today. Our daughters are all old enough they can entertain themselves, so we will have six hours to chat. I can’t wait!


So now I have one last load of towels to throw in the dryer so they can be packed, watermelon to cut, chicken and tuna salads to make, cooler to pack, car to pack, and somewhere during that COFFEEEEEEE. See, I put you guys even above my need for caffeine this morning, and that need is becoming strong, so let’s get to it. Have a great day y’all and happy writing!

 

Your Last Challenge was:


Write a story containing these three words: Light, Cave & Shell.


For years I have been coming to this tiny strip of beach just north of Bar Harbor, Maine. I stay in an itty-bitty cabin; a bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a porch, that’s it, but it is right on the water and I love it. I started coming here as a kid, and now as an adult, it is my escape cottage.


If asked, I would say I knew every inch of this beach like the back of my hand, so I was quite surprised when I stumbled upon a cave I had never seen. I decided to take a walk after dinner. I do this often. One more dose of crisp salty air would relax me so I could sleep soundly. I would walk for an hour or so, gathering shells or skipping rocks into the ocean if the water was calm.


I had bent down to pick up a shell and a flicker of light caught my eye. I turned to where I thought the light was coming from and scanned the rocky cliff for the source. At first I saw nothing, but then it happened again, a burst of light reflected off the rock. As I approached, it became more apparent the light was coming from inside a cave. But what could be causing it?

 

Dang it, ran out of time. L I am SO not a short story person. OK, off to get ready. Hope you find tomorrow’s challenge fun. Again, have a great day!

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment