Pintrest

Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

It’s Monday, so back to the real world. Vacation is over and the “To Do” list is a bit overwhelming. I might actually make a physical “To Do” list so I can keep on track or I very well may lose my mind over the next five days.
 
Tuesday is supposed to be my critique group, but I’m not sure if I will be able to fit it in to the schedule. I’m going to try though, just for a sanity break if nothing else. The critique group is an eclectic bunch and I really enjoy their company as well as their comments. I have been spoon feeding them chapters of Simply by Chance every session and have actually been implementing their suggestions. It has been very beneficial and I hope the suggestions I am making on their respective works is helpful to them as well. I’m not sure if I will be able to continue with the group for much longer if I get a similar program running at my local library. Hopefully, if I can’t, I will figure out some way to keep in touch with the group, and maybe some of the folks who live close will come to my library’s writers’ workshop and critique group. I really need to sit down with the director and hammer out all the details or I will never get the project off the ground!

OK, you have had several days to come up with things to do while stuck in the house on a rainy day. Did you come up with something fun?

Hope you have a wonderful day and happy writing!



Your Last Challenge was:

You’re stuck in the house on a rainy day.

 

I didn’t even have to open my eyes and look outside to know I wasn’t going anywhere today. The low rumble of thunder and the repetitive patter of rain hitting my window was what woke me. Perhaps I should just stay in bed and sleep away the day. No, that won’t do. The kids will be up and complaining they’re bored. What can we do to keep them entertained? If I let them, they’ll sit in front of the idiot box all day. It would make things easier on me, but that’s a cop-out. There’s cards, but that will last exactly one game, so forty-five minutes to an hour. Woohoo. They’re not ones for Yatzee or board games, so they’re out. Ooo, I know! A few months ago I bought dye and I have those t-shirts I still haven’t returned. We’ll tie-dye. It will probably make a holy mess, but who cares? It will keep us occupied for a few hours and the kids will have something to show for the day. Now I’m excited to get this rainy day started.

Your Next Challenge is:

 


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment