Pintrest

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Mornin’ y’all. I had a wonderful time at the beach yesterday, but today it’s time to buckle down and get the nine zillion things done that need to be done before vacation. But first a few shameless plugs… Look what I got:

 



 

And…



 

See, wasn’t it worth pulling my hair out to reach 50K words. :P  Just kidding, I really did enjoy the writing camp and I will try to participate in future ones. I usually do well when facing deadlines.
 

So, did yesterday’s challenge bring back any memories for you? I know it did for me. Sorry, short and sweet today, but lots to do. Have a wonderful day and happy writing!

 

Your Last Challenge was:



This may look innocuous to you, a simple childhood toy, but for me, it was monumental. It was my first taste of freedom. On this “toy” I became Mario Andretti winning the Indy 500, Evil Knievel jumping the Grand Canyon, and a fighter pilot breaking the sound barrier. I was the crazy lunatic kid flying down the sidewalk at mach speed putting the lives of anyone who crossed my path in peril.

The first things to disappear were the flowing tassels, then the seat and pedals cracked, and finally the plastic tires simply disintegrated. It was a sad day when my Big Wheel was brought out to the curb for trash pick-up. A part of my childhood was over, because there was no money to buy a replacement, but the memories of two magical summers will remain with me for a lifetime.

 
Your Next Challenge is:

 

I wish I knew what he/she was thinking…
 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment