Pintrest

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –


Happy Monday! We got a really late start yesterday, but we had several hours at the beach anyway. Yesterday was the lowest percentage of rain forecasted for this whole week, so we thought we should take advantage. Granted, the storms around here usually happen at night, but we didn’t want to take any chances. Sure enough, the storms did roll in, and they were wicked. Here’s a photo my youngest daughter took with her cell phone:

 

 

 
Surprisingly, I slept in late today. I was shocked to see it was after eight when I got up, but then again, I didn’t get to sleep until two this morning. I guess my sleep cycle is still a little messed up from Saturday.

 
Anyway, I’m sure most of my gang will be up shortly, and I really have to get more done on that editing project, so let’s get right to the challenges.

 
Have a wonderful day and happy writing!

 


Your Last Challenge was:


So breathtakingly beautiful, so picturesque, I cannot believe this is the view I get to wake up to in the morning. I have always dreamed of coming here, even made it a goal as a twenty-fifth anniversary trip, but in the back of my mind, I didn’t really think I’d ever be able to afford it. Yet, here I am. Three glorious weeks lie ahead of me so I can take in the sites, frolic in the ocean and laze on the beach. Yes, there will be several days I need to work, but I don’t care, this is worth it.

I toss open the louver doors to the balcony off my bedroom and take my morning coffee with me so I can sit and just enjoy. There is an old man leading a laden burro up the path beneath where I sit. He waves to me and I wave back. In the courtyard of the house across the street, two women are chatting and laughing as they hang their clothes on the line. I wish I could understand what they were saying. Perhaps by the end of my trip I will be able to catch some of it.

 

I still hold out hope that someday I will be able to say this is a true story.


Your Next Challenge is:

 

Write a story using the following three words: Lobster, Plastic, Noise

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment