Pintrest

Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good morning! Sorry about not posting yesterday, I was pooped. It amazes me how much energy driving takes out of me. All told, I drove just short of nine-hundred miles between Thursday and Sunday.

All I managed to get accomplished yesterday was grocery shopping, granted one of the stops was for the grand opening of Weis’ Market, which was a zoo. Not that I had much time to look around because it was so crowded, but it looks like it is going to be a really nice store, and the people were really nice. It was funny seeing the corporate suits pitching in by stocking shelves and stuff.

I was quite proud of myself though, between Weis’ and ShopRite, I got over $250 worth of groceries for $135. With sales, coupons and my shopping cards, I was able to clean up!

I had to make another run to ShopRite this morning to get my daughter a few things. Believe it or not, even though her college’s food is rated top in the country, she is not finding a lot she will eat. She doesn’t like pasta and she doesn’t want to live on pizza and burgers because she considers them junk food. She just lost about 35lbs and doesn’t want to gain it back and I can’t say I blame her. So in addition to the book that B&N sent here instead of to her school and the calculator she forget, I shipped some tuna (with a can opener) and crackers, some Speghettios and some mac & cheese. Yeah, I know I just said she doesn’t do pasta, but those are the rare exceptions. Chances are she won’t even finish the four little packs I sent before the end of the semester, but she has them if she wants them.

My youngest daughter slept over a friend’s yesterday and she’s going to the beach today, so I have the whole house to myself, and it’s weird. It wasn’t often that no one was home. I have zero excuses about not getting something accomplished. So on that note, I have to get the final insurance paperwork for hurricane Irene compiled and sent off, I have laundry and dishes to do, and I have to complete Corporate Blues.

Oh, before I go, I wanted to share some news. I received a notification from twitter that I had a new follower. NBD, I get a few of those every day, but this one was from an author whose writing I really enjoy, Maggie Shayne. I was so excited! Now if I get one from Stephanie Laurens or Catherine Coulter or any other authors I love, you’ll really hear me squealing!!

Until tomorrow… have a great day and happy writing!

 

Your Last Challenge was:

 

There’s a nip in the air…

 

For the first time in two months, there’s a nip in the air. No whirl of the air conditioner unit buzzing in the background. The windows are open and a cool breeze is gently fluttering the drapes. Tonight it is supposed to dip so low, we may need to toss an extra blanket on the bed, but at least we know we will be getting a sound sleep.


Sorry, I know that was short and lame. I guess I’m still recovering from the three days of sleep deprivation. Hopefully tomorrow’s will be better.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 



 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment