Pintrest

Friday, August 2, 2013

August 2nd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –
 

Good morning. It is SO pretty out today, but isn’t that usually the case after a rainy day? Everything has been given a thorough cleaning … except the mud puddles that is. LOL.


Got the car registered and inspected yesterday. I was so excited when it passed inspection. Not that there was any reason for getting excited, the car is only five years old, of course it should pass inspection. I guess it’s a throwback reaction to all those years I was driving around in clunkers.


My first car was a ’73 Ford Gran Torino, light brown with a dark brown roof. If you’re not into cars, but know old TV shows, it was the car they drove in Starsky & Hutch. The car was a tank and I loved it! We declared it “totaled” at just short of 300K miles because it needed new tires which would cost $300 more than the car was worth. What was your first car?

 


 


 

 

Your Last Challenge was:

 

Write a story containing the following three words: Kitten, Curtains, Cupcake

 

I had forgotten what life was like with a new kitten in the house. Last week I found a stray kitten in our yard; he was tiny, perhaps five or six weeks old, soaking wet, cold, and filthy. I brought him in, gave him a bath and fed him. After the ordeal, he promptly curled up on me and fell asleep. Much to my husband’s chagrin, I instantly fell in love and so did my kids.

He was precious, a long haired, buff colored confection and so sweet my daughter said we should name him Cupcake. Not exactly the name I’d give a male cat, but it did seem to fit.

The next day we brought him to the vet and he was given a clean bill of health. We were now the proud family of yet another animal. Cupcake has adjusted well. He plays with his “big brothers” and I even caught him sleeping on the dog. He’s so adorable when he’s asleep. However, when he’s not asleep, he is a constant ball of energy and he loves to climb. He climbs on the couch, the chairs, your leg, the screen door, and this morning I had to stop him from climbing the curtains! Yes, life with a new kitten is interesting.

 

Not a true story, however, we have taken in many strays in our time, and we have had a few kittens who have climbed the curtains and anything else they could get their little claws into.

 
Your Next Challenge is:

 

I remember the first time I…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment