Pintrest

Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 15th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

My oldest daughter and I went to the beach yesterday in sweatshirts and long pants. We took our chairs and our books and read for about two hours, then decided we were tired of getting sand blasted and came back to the house. The waves were positively wicked, and if this stupid phone would not take a week to send an email through, I would have had pictures to show you. My old P.O.S. phone had no problems sending pictures, however this “smart” phone can’t seem to figure it out.

Sorry, I cannot report as to the quality of the restaurant I mentioned yesterday. When we got there, there was an hour and a half wait for the table, which, as far as I’m concerned, was ridiculous, so we went elsewhere. The dinner we had was simply ok and way overpriced, but what are you going to do?

It got really cool last night and I was sitting on the back deck just enjoying the night for a little while before I went to bed. I had my head leaning back on the chair, looking up at the sky when I saw the largest shooting star I had ever seen in my life go scorching across the sky. I’m talking a foot and a half to two feet of trail before it ended in a bright poof. (In the land to sky distance conversion calculations, which I have no idea how to even begin to figure, the trail must have been miles long.) It was amazing. I came in to tell the family what I had seen and my husband tells me he heard on the radio there was supposed to be a meteor shower.

COOL! I ask, “Who wants to go down to the beach where it’s darker and watch the night sky for meteors?” My youngest is the only one who took me up on my offer because she had never been able to catch sight of a shooting star. We bundle up, grab stuff to sit on, and head for the beach. We only lasted about fifteen minutes – it was cold and dark and scary on the beach at night, my daughter’s opinion, not mine – but in that time I saw several much smaller shooting stars. Most important, my daughter did get to see one.

Today so far looks to be a mix of sun and clouds. The wind is still blowing, but nowhere near as strong as it was yesterday, so hopefully we will get some enjoyable time on the beach today. Tomorrow is still forecasted to be a complete washout, so today will be our last chance. It stinks. Today is the first day I can say I am completely relaxed, unwound, and in vacation mode. One week truly is not enough time for a vacation. Maybe someday we’ll get to take longer vacations…

Hope you have a wonderful day and happy writing!
 

Your Last Challenge was:

You are sorting through some things you had inherited and you find and old, sealed letter addressed to you.

 
UGH! I swear, every relative who has ever died, on both sides of the family, has left us with some of their furniture, and it covers most of our basement. How many dressers do we actually  need? That’s it. I am going to sort through, pick the pieces I absolutely love, figure out where to put them in the main house and then sell the rest.
I seriously doubt any one of the relatives would rollover in their graves over my decision. They were all practical sorts, not overly sentimental like I am. They would say, if I couldn’t use it, then it was just taking up space.
Where do I start? Two “piles”, that’s where. Keep – Sell, and it doesn’t go into the “Keep” pile without a designated destination clearly marked.
OK, Aunt Julie’s dresser, just because it is closest. I do like it. The wood is beautiful, but realistically, it is so big, there is nowhere to put it.
 

I was getting there, I swear. I’m going to do another photo writing challenge for you today, because, quite frankly they’re easier, and the photo worked for this week.

Your Next Challenge is:

 




You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment