Pintrest

Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

So the paperwork took longer than anticipated and then I’m taking care of my son’s cats (25 miles away) while he’s on vacation, and my daughter had friends come over so the house needed to be cleaned, and we had back to school shopping to do. In other words, I never got to the blog yesterday, so I am apologizing yet again.

I’ve chatted with my older daughter several times over the last few days; she doesn’t like the food, but loves her classes except for the computer one but that has to do with the subject, not the teacher. He’s ex-military intelligence and seems like a fascinating guy.

When they gave the speeches at the school, they asked the parents to do one thing – if the child calls home with a problem or an issue say, “Did you ask someone at the college?”. I have been trying really hard to do that, and my daughter has had to deal with several issues on her own already (a wrong book, medical insurance, getting a job on campus, questions on one of her loans). I know by her doing this without our help is helping her to become an independent adult, but it has been tough not taking care of things for her. She’s dealing with it fine, mom’s just having issues letting go.

On the other hand, my youngest daughter has really been surprising me. She is nearly finished with her summer reading, and I haven’t had to prompt her once to get to it. She cleaned up after her friends last night, and today she cleared and set the table for dinner, then when we were done she helped clean up – ALL WITHOUT BEING ASKED. Needless to say, I’m stunned, happy, but stunned. Guess my youngest chickie is growing up too.

Well, it’s getting late, and as you know by now, I’m an early morning person, so I turn into a pumpkin around nine at night. Consider this my disclaimer as to the quality of the response to the writing challenge. J
 

Your Last Challenge was:

You and a group of friends all have busy lives and you don’t get to spend any time together anymore, so you decide to make a weekend getaway. You book rooms in an old mansion which has been converted to a bed and breakfast. The place is beautiful and at first you are completely enamored with it, but then some strange things start to happen.

 

“Kara, where did you find this place?” Jennie asked.

 “Online. Why, don’t you like it?”

 “It’s beautiful and all, it’s just, I don’t know…” Jennie trailed off not knowing how to finish her sentence.

Rose chimed in, “I know what you mean. I can’t shake the feeling that someone’s watching me.”

“And what’s with the owners?” Stephanie asked. “Every time I turn around one of them is there, just staring at me. I’m not sure who’s creepier, the husband or the wife.”

 
Yeah, I should know better than to try and write when everyone in the house is awake. The TVs are going, the dog is barking, the phone is buzzing with text messages. I give up! We’ll chat again tomorrow… until then, have a great evening and happy writing!

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 

I had the hardest time learning how to…

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment