Pintrest

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4th

Hi, it’s Christina –

No time for a writing challenge today. It’s my baby girl’s 15th birthday and I have a ton to do. Make a cake, get her presents, wrap – YUCK – her presents. Something I had hoped to do yesterday but the 9+ inches of snow put the kibosh on that idea and today’s delayed opening has put me two hours behind schedule as it is.


I did surprise Dani this morning with breakfast in bed. I made her chocolate chip pancakes. She was really surprised, especially since it is a well-known fact that I’m terrible at making breakfasts. I can make a chocolate soufflĂ© stand six inches over the baking dish, but I can’t butter a piece of bread to save my life. It’s the simple things which seem to be beyond me.

I am REALLY not looking forward to more snow tonight and then more again on Sautrday. I hope Saturday’s snow holds off until considerably later in the evening because that is the day we are planning on having Dani’s Family birthday party. The last thing I want is having a houseful of friends and family taking their lives in their hands going home from a party at my house.

It happened once before, many, many years ago. My husband’s Godparents trekked down from North Jersey to attend Lys’ Baptism. They had gotten the date wrong, and had showed up a week early, so they turned around when they got to the hall and were told it was the following week. They didn’t tell us about their mistake, just headed back home. If we had known, we would have had them come over and visit since they were down here anyway, and would have told them not to worry about coming again the following week. The weather wasn’t the greatest that day, and on their way home, they were in a terrible car accident. They both survived, but the accident took its toll. They didn’t drive or leave the house much after that, and we never saw them again. Needless to say, this is not something I would ever care to repeat!!


Sorry to end on such a sad note, but I’ve really got to run. I hope you all have a glorious day & happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment