Pintrest

Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 23rd

Hi, it’s Christina –

I’ve been puttering around for a few hours online, waiting for my breakfast to settle so I could take my medicine, and then for the medicine to kick in so posting something wouldn’t be a total chore. I have yet to go back and read my posts for the past several days. I’m worried they were a total disaster. One should not be writing when one is sick and running a fever, but I made a promise to myself, I would write, every day, no matter what; and I want to stick to that promise as much as I can. Obviously there will be days where I don’t have access to the internet for one reason or another, but barring that, I will write; even if it is only a short little note to say ‘m still alive.

I know I said yesterday I was going to give Mucinex a try, but alas, we had none in the house – I could have sworn we did – so my hubby ran out to the store and picked up Walgreen’s brand of mucus cold, flu and sore throat relief. WOW, does this stuff work great. I almost feel human again. The only drawback is you need to take two horse pills every four hours. I’m on dose four now, and I am getting definite relief from all of my symptoms AND I don’t feel like Ricochet Rabbit (sorry to anyone who was born past 1975 because you’ll have no clue as to the reference – Google it).


Today, before I run out of steam, I want to finish editing the chapter I was in the middle of and send the piddly amount I have done off to the author. Hopefully he won’t be too annoyed with me. I tried doing a little while I was sick, until I realized my comments were not making any sense and I deleted them all. Best to have a completely clear and focused mind while editing.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow will determine if there is going to be a writing challenge or if we’ll be waiting until Tuesday for the next one. (Sorry, this cold has really knocked me for a loop. I haven’t been this sick in many years.)


Alright, I don’t know how long my energy will hold out, so I best not delay any longer. I hope y’all enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment