Pintrest

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3rd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Gee, what a surprise, more snow. We’re supposed to get another 5”-8” today. UGH! This time it’s the heavy wet stuff, so there is NO way I’ll be helping my hubby shovel.

This REALLY put a monkey wrench in my plans for today. I was going to run out this morning to get my daughter’s birthday presents (her 15th birthday’s tomorrow) and then I was going to spend the rest of the day editing. I wanted to be able to send the author some more chapters for him to work on. Today’s his birthday and he has taken tomorrow off of work as well to be able to work on revisions, so hopefully I’ll be able to email him a bunch before the end of the day.

I try not to say too much about a book while I’m editing, but I am going to share just a little with you. If I’m not real specific, I doubt the author will mind. We are in the first round of edits, so obviously there are patches that are a little rough, but I have to say, there have been moments in the story already that have had me laughing out loud. The story takes place in the south, and there are things some of his character’s say and I can hear my Uncle Charlie’s or my Aunt Helen’s voice coming through. These two relatives of mine where characters in their own right, much loved and very sorely missed I might add. I can’t wait to get further into the story to see where it goes. I am truly enjoying this assignment.

Okay, I need to roust my hubby early so he can deal with shoveling out his car and tackling what is sure to be a 2 – 3 times longer trek to work. I hope you all have a safe and warm day & happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:



Ah spring. Birds singing, flowers blooming, warm sun filled days and cool crisp nights. With the way this winter has been going, it is truly taking photos of springs past to recall what it will be like. During these long, cold, snowy days, with no apparent end in sight, it is photos like these which keep hope alive.

How I long to see yellow, pink and green, as opposed to the blank white canvas which blankets my world; to see and hear bursting new life instead of the never ending scrape of plows. After three months of living in this snow globe, my body aches to feel the sun on my face and the warmth in my bones. The mere thought of the scent of fresh cut grass has me yearning. But alas, with the way this winter has been going, it will be several more weeks before my heart will be able to sing with the birds.

Your Next Challenge is:

Write a story containing the following three elements: A cold night, a candle, tears


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment