Pintrest

Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 22nd

Hi, it’s Christina –

Now I can add barking like a seal and a low grade fever to my list of complaints. My eyes aren’t watering quite as bad, but then again, I just turned on the computer. I woke up a little before five, coughing my head off, so I got up and left the room so I wouldn’t wake up my husband.

It stinks waking up at your regular time on the weekends. I wish my internal clock had a weekend mode. It is rare when I can roll over and go back to sleep, so once I wake up, I’m up, at least for a few hours. Likely today, I’ll finish this quick post, take the dog out, grab something light to have something in my stomach so I can take some cough medicine, and then go back to bed. Even though I’m okay at the moment, I know, just doing those few things will sap all my energy.

Now that the coughing has started, I know this cold will be hanging on for a few more days. Hopefully, if I take some Mucinex (however you spell it) it will keep the cough from turning into bronchitis. I haven’t had bronchitis in years, and I don’t want it now!

Thankfully this is all happening this week and not next week. I leave Thursday to pick up Lys from Vermont, we’ll be back on Friday and on Sunday we have my nephew Max’s “Sweet 16”. Yeah, our family is a little silly. We make the boys pink cakes, complete with roses and “Happy Sweet 16” on them for their 16th birthdays. My son and his friends all thought it was hysterical, and now my nephew is actually expecting his pink cake. The one difference from PJ’s cake is Lys will be making Max’s cake. Let’s just say, a week from today I’ll be avoiding my kitchen like the plague.


Okay, writing while coughing is becoming more of a challenge than I am up for at the moment, so I think I’m done for the day. I hope y’all have a terrific Saturday, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment