Pintrest

Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 20th

Hi, it’s Christina –

I’m not even going to attempt to write an intelligent challenge or response today. This cold has blossomed into a doozy. My throat is so sore, but not from your normal sore throat, it’s from sneezing so hard and so much. My ears are so stopped up I feel like I have a fishbowl over my head, and my balance is all haywire. Today is going to be a very unproductive day!

I sent my hubby a text yesterday saying, “How much do you love me?” I could just picture him rolling his eyes when he read it and thinking, now what? LOL. I needed him to stop at the store to pick up tissues. I had run out around eleven yesterday morning and had been using paper towels since. Yup, Rudolph’s got nothing on me at the moment.

I did feel bad last night, or I should probably say, I felt guilty. My husband came home, after working all day, and had to make dinner, because I just didn’t have the energy to do it. However, from the sound of him and Dani in the kitchen – those two, when together, are downright incorrigible – they had a good time. They left the mess for me to clean up today, but at least they put the leftovers in the fridge. I’ll get to it eventually.

Since I have even less energy today than I did yesterday, I think I’ll pull one of the crockpot meals out of the freezer, set it on low, and be done with it. It will require minimal effort on my part, and dinner will be done. I think I’ll do the stew. That’s what I left cooking the morning I left for South Carolina, and there weren’t any leftovers by the time I returned. It’s been over a month, so I don’t think the family would mind having stew again.

Okay, I’m shot. I’m going to go make my husband’s breakfast and lunch, and then I think I’m going to go back to bed for a little while. Hopefully some sleep will make me feel a little better, or at least give me enough energy to clean up the kitchen later when I wake up.

As much as I hate to do it, I just may break down and take some cold medicine. Hopefully, by taking only one dose, it won’t get me all jittery; which would totally nix any chance of me getting some sleep. I hate cold medicine and the way it makes me feel. Maybe I’ll stay on the safe side and take a Benadryl. It will clear out my nose enough for me to get some sleep, and it doesn’t wire me for sound.


Okay, now I’m rambling, so it’s really time for me to go! I hope y’all have a great day, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment