Pintrest

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Batten down the hatches, we’re about to get blasted again! Depending on which radar model you look at, we are in for somewhere between 8” – 20” of snow for tomorrow. Oh joy. Is this winter ever going to end? Still no invites from my southern relatives to come for a visit. L

Let me tell you, yesterday kicked my butt. Basically I stood for six hours cleaning roses, around 200 roses, with no break. I received a grumble when I pulled out a stool and sat for a few minutes, but then I explained I had a really bad back, and it wasn’t an option. It’s not like I stopped working, and I was only cleaning flowers, not making an arrangement – which you should really stand to do so it comes out symmetrical. After about five minutes, I pushed the stool back under the counter and stood again, but I felt guilty each time I took my five minute sits.

That aside, I did enjoy working again. Today I will probably be answering the phones and waiting on customers. The owner is really nice and so are the two ladies who work with him. I wouldn’t mind continuing on in the shop after Valentine’s Day, but I doubt that will happen. Oh well, hopefully they will just call me to help again next year.

I don’t think my hubby liked me working again, because when I got home, I crashed and burned. My back hurt, my legs hurt, and I was wiped out. I went to lie down for a little bit, woke up four hours later, managed to get dinner on the table, then went right back to bed. It may take me a while to get back in the swing of things, but as soon as I do, the job will be over. Whatchya gunna do?

Since I’ll probably work until four or five today, I have to go and pack a lunch for me too and not just for my husband. (Dani’s home sick again today, so no lunch is needed for her.) I thought I was only working for a few hours yesterday, so I didn’t pack anything. By the time 2:00 rolled around I was starving. The owner was so sweet. He sent one of the ladies out on a delivery and had her bring a pizza back with her for us to share. He also treated for coffee in the morning; both really nice and unexpected surprises.

Well, I should get going. I was a couple of minutes late yesterday because there was an accident which had the road closed and I had to detour. I don’t want to be late again today. In my book, getting to work exactly on time means I’m late.

I hope you have a marvelous day, and happy writing!


Your Last Challenge was:

Shhhh…it’s a secret…

Guess whose hubby is turning 50 this year? That’s right, mine; and I’m hoping to pull off a surprise party for him. His birthday is April 27th and I will just have a little dinner with the immediate family. Then, a couple of weeks later … when he will no longer be expecting anything … BAM. My girlfriend Sharon said we could have it up at her house, and I know if we tell my husband it’s a surprise party for Nan (Sharon’s mom), he’ll fall for it, hook, line and sinker.

Nan’s birthday isn’t until July, but my husband is clueless when it comes to birthdays. The only thing saving him when it comes to family is many of our birthdays fall on holidays – mine’s April Fools, his mom is St. Patrick’s Day, our son is the 4th of July – you get my meaning.

By saying it’s Nan’s birthday, it would be completely feasible for me to be cooking, and we won’t need to explain all the cars in the driveway; so I think it would be the perfect ruse. Also by waiting until May, my daughter will be home from college.

Okay folks, this is truly a secret, so if you do happen to know my husband (and quite a few of you do), please don’t say anything to him. My one saving grace is he does not have a Facebook account and he doesn’t read my blog, so I was able to share this with you. J

Your Next Challenge is:

Write a story containing the following: Peanut Butter, Kitchen & Diaper


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment