Pintrest

Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Time to get back into the swing of things; morning blog and writing challenge, a few hours of editing, a few hours of writing, then household stuff. Sounds like a plan, right? Then why is it all I really want to do is take a nap?

Maybe, if I take a couple fifteen minute breaks, just to stand outside in the sunshine, it will help get my butt in gear. I’ll need to do this today, because tomorrow we’re back to snowy, slushy, yuck. I don’t know about you, but I am SO done with this winter!

Today was the first day Dani was back at school after two days off for being sick followed by two snow days. She was not real happy to see 5:15 roll around this morning. She took a shower, at her cereal, then dozed on the couch until it was time for her to leave. Then the poor kid’s waiting outside for quite a while until one of her friends sends her a text saying the bus broke down.

She comes back in, teeth chattering (it’s only 10° here this morning). I get dressed so I can drive her and a friend to school. Wouldn’t you know it, just as I’m about to pull out of the driveway, the replacement bus shows up. I waved the driver on and just took them myself. Then, when we get to the school, there’s almost no one there. I wonder if folks forgot the kids lost Presidents’ Day because of all the snow?

All right, I guess I should get a move on. I hope you have a lovely day, and happy writing!


Your Last Challenge was:




I use to tell my kids stories about what snow was like when I was a kid. How we had snow mounds so high, we used to build forts in them, or climb up on top and ride trashcan lids down them; and they thought I was full of bean. They had never seen snow like that, even though we were all brought up in the same state.

They didn’t believe me when I told them about the winter of ’76 when we were hammered by back to back to back storms, each dropping two – three feet of snow. They didn’t believe I had to climb out my bedroom window, crawl my way to the back door, and dig my way through so my mom could open the door to get out of the house. They didn’t believe the snow, actual snow, not the shoveled areas, was taller than me.

Well now, after the winter we’ve been having, they believe. There are twenty foot high mounds in the grocery store parking lots. Standard snow plows have been rendered ineffectual, and the snow is being moved by front end loaders. Caves/forts/igloos pocket many a roadside snow mountain; and children are hiking up the mountains and sliding down on whatever means available.

Your Next Challenge is:

Find a penny, pick it up, and all the day, you’ll have good luck…


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment