Pintrest

Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22nd Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Good Morning! I’ll confess, I was worried about waking up early enough to be able to do a blog post before I left, so I am actually writing this several hours before you are reading it, and I’ve managed to throw in a writing challenge to boot. Now you’ll only be going one day without a challenge.

I actually wrote over 2,500 words before eleven yesterday, so I decided to give writing a rest for the day and start straightening up the house a bit before my daughter came home. My husband has been on my case to start cleaning before Thanksgiving week so we wouldn’t be running around like nuts on Thanksgiving week.

Although he does have a point, and I have been doing a little bit every day, but according to him, it wasn’t nearly enough and he blew a gasket on Wednesday night. He still does not accept the fact that the hours I spend at home every day, I’m actually working not playing computer games, watching tv and eating bon-bons. Well, actually with NaNoWriMo in full swing, there are a few bon-bons, but normally there isn’t.

I’m seriously beginning to wonder if his attitude will ever change, because even when I had a “real” job, because I was able to do it while sitting down, automatically it was not a difficult job, so I had no excuse to be tired all the time. You would think after knowing my husband for over 35 years, I would handle his little annoying idiosyncrasies a little better.

Please don’t get me wrong, 95% of the time my husband is this great guy, but every now and then he gets into one of his moods and makes me want to scream. If you haven’t guessed…he’s in one of those moods. So in order to keep the peace, I shut off my computer and started straightening. Of course, he made no comment last night when he saw the almost clean house, but I really didn’t expect him to. Sigh!!

I hope you have a fantastic (non-frustrating) Friday, and happy writing!


Your Last Challenge was:

Write a story with the following three elements: a wicked storm is brewing, you lose power, and there are young children with you.

 
Karen was annoyed. The weatherman had said the storm shouldn’t be hitting them until late that night. Yet here she was, at three in the afternoon, with a house full of kids for her daughter’s birthday party, and it looked like the beginning of the apocalypse outside. The lights had already flickered several times and she could tell the children were getting anxious.

“Okay guys, we are going to move this party into the basement. Everybody grab something and follow Shelly downstairs.”

While the kids set everything up downstairs, Karen gathered candles just in case, and some games to keep the children occupied. If the scene outside her window was any indication, she knew parents wouldn’t be there in an hour to pick up the kids, so she needed to plan accordingly. She hoped, since the storm arrived much earlier than planned, it would blow through quickly.

As she descended the last step, a loud clap of thunder sounded and the basement was pitched into total darkness.

 
Hmm, this one wasn’t as easy as I thought it was going to be. I had no clear idea of where I was going to go on this one. Oh well.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 



You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment