Pintrest

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 20th Challenge


Hi, it’s Christina – 

Good morning and happy 200th blog entry. Wow. 200 posts in 218 days (I started in the middle of April), and 175 post out of 200 had writing challenges. I don’t think that’s too shabby.

If you recall, this was supposed to be a two week project to get me in the habit of writing every day, now I can’t imagine not starting my day without a blog entry. One author who I absolutely adore said to me she didn’t know how I did a daily blog. She tried a blog but couldn’t do it. She said it sucked all her creativity into the blog and left nothing for her novels. When I mentioned this to another author friend, she said, “A runner doesn’t start a marathon without warming up first do they? So for you, your blog is your warm-up.”

You know something? She was right. I can guarantee, on the days where there were no blog entries, I did not touch any of the stories I was working on either. The blog has helped me to become more disciplined. I now have a writing routine, and I try to stick to it.

In the spirit of “sticking to it”, I overslept this morning, so I am already an hour and a half behind, so off I go. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

 

Your Last Challenge:

 

What fictional character would you like to meet in real life and why?

 

I found this challenge a little more difficult than most of my other challenges. If I had chosen a fictional character like James Bond, people could argue I could conceivable meet Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan; the chances are slim, yet they do exist. If I chose a cartoon character, I would be told to go to Disney or Universal. So, I needed to choose a character from a book, a book which has not been turned into a movie.

It took a while to come up with someone who fit the bill, someone who truly sparked my imagination enough where I would actually want to interact with the character. Then it hit me, I knew exactly who I would want to meet, Noah Bishop. Who is Noah Bishop you might ask? Noah Bishop is the cornerstone character in author Kay Hooper’s novels.

Bishop is an FBI agent who has hand selected his own team of agents, agents with unique and unusual gifts. Some of his team was pulled from the existing pool of FBI agents, and some were recruited from the outside because of their specific abilities. The team is brought in to handle your “not the run of the mill” cases, cases which contain a paranormal element.
 

Because it did take me a while to figure out what, or maybe I should say who, I was going write about, I didn’t get very far in the ten minute time frame, but I did want to tell you a little bit more about these amazing books. There are now fourteen books in the Bishop Crime Unit series, as well as a few more in another series which was spawned from the Bishop series. Kay Hooper, whose work I stumbled upon quite by accident while working in a book store, writes incredible stories. She has created a world where the paranormal doesn’t seem so unusual, where having precognition is about as unique as having green eyes. I cannot sing the praises of Kay Hooper enough. Give her books a try. I highly doubt you will be disappointed.

 

Your Next Challenge is (this idea hatched from the lists which have been popping up on FB these past two weeks):

 

Tell a little or unknown true story about something strange or unusual that happened to you.
 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment