Pintrest

Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 


Happy Monday Morning Folks! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  
 
Today, in its entirety is going to be spent getting caught up on Faerie Tale Queen. By day eleven we are supposed to be up to 18,333 words which means I have to get almost 5K words done today. The good news is, five thousand words should equate to about two chapters, which means I will have one in reserve for posting if I fall behind again.

So have you been reading along? I do get random comments every now and again, but they are usually from the couple of brave souls who comment regularly. I know there are a bunch of you out there who read my blog, because when you see me in person, you tell me. This time, I could really use your comments. A few words would be great. This novel is stepping out of my comfort zone and I want to make sure I’m giving the readers something they would enjoy.

 Okay, I’m off to pound the keys. I wish you a wonderful day and happy writing!

 
 Your Last Challenge:

 

You are a turkey and you overhear the farmer’s wife say Thanksgiving is next week.

 

“Mabel. Mabel! Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness! Did you hear? Did you hear?”
 

Mabel rolled her eyes, “What has ruffled your tail feathers this time Priscilla?”
 

“The farmer’s wife. The farmer’s wife! I heard her. I heard her!”
 

At this point Priscilla’s panic had drawn a crowd in the barn yard. Even the cows had wandered over to see what all the fuss was about.
 

“Quit clucking like a chicken and tell me what your heard Priscilla.” Mabel snapped.
 

“Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving! It’s next week. Next week!”
 

Pandemonium erupted amongst the turkey population. All squawked, many ran around, some cried, and two even fainted.
 

“Ladies.” Mabel looked around for a higher perch, hefted her considerable bulk upon it, then tried again, “Ladies! Enough! Panicking will not solve this problem. What we need is a plan.”

 

Sorry, I didn’t get very far. My daughter is up and eating her breakfast in front of the tv, so I can’t concentrate. Better luck tomorrow.


Your Next Challenge is:

 

Write a story containing the following three words: Gate, Strange & Butter.

 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment