Pintrest

Friday, November 15, 2013

November 15th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

Happy Friday world!

In the afternoon yesterday, I took a break from writing and ran over to Bed, Bath & Beyond because I was out of EZ-Cup filters. For those of you without a Keurig, these are tiny single serve coffee filters you put into an adapter, so you can use your own coffee instead of a K-cup. Unfortunately, I cannot get these at my local grocery story, so I usually stock up, because 3B is about a twenty-five minute drive.

I needed to return my birthday present too - yes my birthday was almost eight months ago, but I couldn’t find what I had done with the receipt – so this was a multi-purpose trip. When I returned the gift, I had them put the credit on a 3B card, because I figured I would use it all up for Christmas shopping anyway, and that’s pretty much what I did. I got something for my in-laws, for my mom, something small for my hubby and a ton of stocking stuffers for the kids. It was a very productive trip.

I did however get two non-Christmas gift things. One of the items was a new roasting pan for Thanksgiving. Our old one met an untimely demise earlier in the year. The other thing I picked up was a FuRemover duo brush. I had never seen one before, it looked interesting, and quite frankly, at this point I’m willing to try anything to avoid having to completely shave Colby. I figured for $7 it was worth a shot. I LOVE this brush, and so does Colby.
 

Colby hates, hates, hates being brushed. He won’t sit still. He bites at the brush and whoever is brushing him. It’s a traumatic experience for all involved. Let me tell you, with this FuRemover brush, he sat there for over half an hour and let me brush him. He did not bite at the brush or me, not even once. I was able to remove a majority of his mats, and then I was even able to use the brush to remove all the dog hair from my jacket sleeve (I was brushing Colby outside). This was $7 well spent. Okay, no more product endorsement, but I really wanted to share this one with you.

So if I write about 2,300 words today, I’ll be caught up. Yeah! Just in time for the weekend when I can’t write as much and I will fall behind again. LOL. What can you do? The world still keeps turning, even during NaNoWriMo.

If I get moving, maybe I can pad the numbers going into the weekend. So, I’m off to write. I hope you have a fantastic Friday, and happy writing!
 

Your Last Challenge:

 

You decide to take a photography class for fun. For your first assignment, your teacher tells you to go to the park and simply snap photos of anything that catches your eye, then bring the film back to class to be developed. When the pictures start to develop, your teacher teases you about how the assignment was supposed to be a variety of things in the park which caught your eye, not one subject. Having no idea what your teacher is talking about, you look at the pictures and notice, there is a man in every single scene, staring back at the camera.

 

Oh my God, she’s right. He’s in every single one of these shots. But how can that be? I was all over that park, at one point I even spun in a circle snapping random shots as I went. Here, these, six, seven, eight. This isn’t possible.

 “Karen, can you come here?”

“Sure Sarah, what’s up?”

“I swear I didn’t see this guy while I was taken these. Can you show me how to blow these up so I can get a better look at him? Maybe then I can figure out who he is at least.”

“Strange. We won’t be going over that skill until much later in the semester, but I’ll tell you what. I don’t have anything scheduled after class. We can do it then.”

The two hour class felt like ten to Sarah. She couldn’t concentrate on the lesson, she had no idea what the homework assignment was, all she could think about was the mysterious man in the photos. At last, the final student left the room.

“Here.” Karen said as she handed Sarah some papers.

“What’s this?”

“My notes from today’s class. I could tell you weren’t with me tonight.”

Sarah grimaced, “I’m sorry. I couldn’t stop thinking about those pictures.”

“So, let’s go figure this mystery out.”

Their next hour was spent in the dark room. Sarah was thankful the only thing Karen requested from her was for her to hand Karen things from time to time.

Finally, Karen flipped on the lights. “Okay, let’s see what we’ve got. What the heck?”

“What’s the matter?” Sarah asked as she came to look over Karen’s shoulder at the photos.

“Something’s screwed up. Somehow the film must have been double exposed. Look, when I blew the area with the guy up enough so you could make out the features, he became almost transparent.” Karen said as she handed the photo to Sarah. When Sara gasped, Karen asked, “Do you recognize him?” Sarah nodded and her face had turned pale. “Well that might explain it. You must have taken these pictures, something malfunctioned in the camera, when you took the photos in the park, and you took the park photos over the old photos.”

Sarah began to shake her head halfway through Karen’s plausible explanation. “The film was brand new and so was the camera. The park was the first time I used it.”

“So who’s the guy?”

“My husband.”

“Did he go with you to take the pictures?”

Sarah shook her head and a tear trickled down her cheek, “My husband died last year.”

  

(The last line took me over the ten minutes, but I had to added it.)

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 
 
 
 
You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment